Author Topic: New traffic law please read  (Read 980 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
New traffic law please read
« on: June 11, 2011, 08:23:29 pm »
Subject: New Driving Law Please Read ---not a joke

I was aware of the move over to outer lane and knew to slow down BUT I didn't know about the 20 mph under speed limit. Thought maybe this might be good information to some. WOW!! $754.00 is a chunk especially if you are making minimum wage.

This happened to my aunt on the 4 lane right outside of Dyersburg , TN a few months ago. Her ticket was over $300 and it cost her 3 points on her license, too. A state trooper and a county cop had someone else pulled over. She slowed down and moved over a  little, but not all the way into the other lane. The trooper wasn't understanding at all. Mom was with her and she didn't know about the law either.

BETTER PAY ATTENTION TO THIS ONE.

AT $754.00 ALMOST LIKE A D.U.I. Knew about the move over law but had not heard about the speed limit if you cannot move over.

NEW TRAFFIC LAW - 2010

New Law: If a patrol car is pulled over to the side of the road, you have to change to the next lane (away from the stopped vehicle) or slow down to at least 20 mph under the posted speed limit. Every state except Hawaii and Maryland and the D.C. has this law. In California , the Move-over law became operative on January 1, 2010 .   A friend's son got a ticket for this recently. A police car (turned out it was two police cars) was on the side of the road giving a ticket to someone else. He slowed down to pass but did not move into the other lane. The second police car immediately pulled him over and gave him a ticket. He had never heard of the law. It is a fairly new law that states if any emergency vehicle is on the side of the road, if you are able, you are to move  into the far lane.

The cost of the ticket was $754, with three points on your license and a mandatory court appearance. Please let everyone you know that drives about this new law. It is true (see details at the following web address).

http://www.moveoveramerica.com/

Copy and paste the link above to view any state to see the law there. Just in case it isn't working.
I've sent it to everyone in my address book but thought some of us here hadn't heard about it yet.
Gabby

MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: New traffic law please read
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 08:41:38 pm »
This has been effective in Florida for several years, yes they will issue tickets and the fines are not cheap. Move Over, It's the Law
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 08:51:37 pm »
First I heard of it Russ and figured I may not be the only one to get the news so late.
Except MARION of course.  ;D
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

TomC

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 11:35:37 pm »
I've heard of the law, but had no idea the fines were so steep.

marmoh

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 12:00:27 am »
I move over for any vehicle on the side of the road.  I did not know about the 20 MPH reduction in speed.  Thanks for the heads up and I will pass the info on. 
Better late than never eh Gabby  ::) ::)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 03:22:15 am »
You got it Marion!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

tux_linux

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 06:22:06 am »
I move over for any vehicle on the side of the road.  [...]

That's right! I'm always concerned one might jump out of behind that car, one might push open the door or so. I always keep my distance from unclear scenes and suspicious things on the street.

regards
Torsten

cherie

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 01:18:44 pm »
I had no idea the speed limit was so low.  Going 70 to 75 is kinda hard to slow down that much going around a curve in which you cannot see around.  I will be watching even more these coming days.

SheGold

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 01:29:04 pm »
This was implemented in Texas back in 2003.. They mean business also.. I slow down and move over if possible.. Thanks for the reminder Gabby.... Sheila in Tx

SMF

Teknoromi