Author Topic: Hats off to my husband  (Read 789 times)

marmoh

Hats off to my husband
« on: June 08, 2011, 03:37:21 pm »
I would get so aggravated with the air set up on my saw (Delta 40-540).  You would have to raise and lower the arm all of the time, and it would get in the way when bottom feeding.  I was looking at the flexible blower on FD Mike's site but it is for a different machine. 
Hubby was going to go to town to see if he could locate some flexible line when he remembered a light he had with a flexible line on it.  Well I now have a flexible air line on my machine and it works great.  In the picture the contraption on the left is what I had and the new line is on the right. The tip on the end is from a pen.
We also cut the legs down on my table as I was having to about climb into my chair before. 
So, guess I have to be nice to him for a day or two .. ;D ;D  When Mommas happy, everyone's happy ...  :o :o

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Hats off to my husband
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 03:49:50 pm »
Hey Marion, Kudos to your husband! The only problem I see is it is pointing right at you, which means the dust is blowing at you. This is not a  good thing. It needs to be positioned so the dust is blowing away from you!
Your scrolling area looks comfortable, Music and beer! I like it! ;D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:53:21 pm by dgman »
Dan In Southern California

marmoh

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:21:22 pm »
New picture shows it bent to go behind the blade.  It works great.......

SheGold

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 05:40:27 pm »
Marion thats a great set up... Maybe I'll get busy and change mine...  ;) Sheila in Tx

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 07:45:54 pm »
Jerry knows how to keep Momma happy. Smart guy!
I'm always in the dog house.

I noticed a difference in our saws yours has the controls on the back end of the upper arm, the tension is at the front on mine and the speed and on off switches are under the left side of the table. Yours must be a later revision than mine, are you sure it's a 40-540?
Do you know where he got the flex hose for the modification? I'd like to do that or something to re-aim the blower away from me. If I'm wearing my contact lenses the dust really screws them up.

Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

marmoh

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 08:17:27 pm »
You must have gotten sawdust in your eyes or the birthday thing could be the problem  ;D ;D ;D ;D
What I have at the back of the upper arm are magnets.   Jerry had a battery operated light that had the flex line on it so we disassembled it and used the line.  Sooooo much easier with out having to lift and lower the arm.  Can't you loosen the nozzle on yours and turn it so it is aiming a different way ??

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 08:48:18 pm »
I was just going to reteract my statement about the controls after I zoomed in to look at it again, I saw the blades sticking to them, still looked like control knobs in the small photo.

I'll come up with something now that I don't have to cut for a while, and can take the time to noodle it out.

By the way I never make misteaks I might make a mistake once in a while, but I like steak too much to miss it! LOL ;D ;D ;D
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

SMF

Teknoromi