Author Topic: The heat is on!  (Read 2039 times)

HWPlmbr1

The heat is on!
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:25:18 pm »
Hi all, I don't know about where all of you are but here in Chicago we barely had any sun April through May. :( Now here it is first week of June and summer, along with the sun, decides to show up! :o It has been 85F or as high as mid 90'sF and high humidity. This will be for three consecutive days and no cooling at night either. Weird weather these days. Maybe there is too much saw dust in the air? :-\ ;)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: The heat is on!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 03:03:34 pm »
IN the St. Louis area we will match and beat your heat AND humdidity and throw in a few 'gazillion' cicadas!

OF course that is not to mention pounding on the "Cubbies"!

Thanks for waking up Albert Pujols for us!

Have a NICE rest of the summer!

~~~GB~~~

I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SheGold

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:33:21 pm »
Wow today we are at a cool 102 degrees... No rain in sight and everyone in the shade doing rain dances.. As of today we are over 4 inches below our normal rain fall... Guess I shouldn't complain the cooler works in shop and house... Sheila in Tx

Offline kimb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 10:17:52 pm »
Here in West Texas it was 102 today with about 30mph wind. It hasn't rained since last October and they don't see any coming in the near future. On top of that there's smoke in the air from the big fire in Arizona. And I was outside all afternoon working on my mother-in-laws deck.

Kim

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 11:09:40 pm »
we hit 103 today in minnesota. It was hotter at my house then at my dads place in mexico

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 11:34:37 pm »
I feel for all you folks in the pressure cooker, we had our first day that was conducive to short sleeves or even taking shirt off while working out side. Probably the best day of the year so far.
2 days ago required a jacket or at minimum a sweat shirt.
We'll probably be joining you in the oven soon enough and wishing for some of the cool..
Gabby
Ex Arizonan
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 02:58:15 am »
In NZ we are in winter and the weather is still warm but the rains have started, BUT in the capital we have be promised a mild winter, not sure who made the promise but I'm not holding my breath
Jimbo

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 04:13:49 am »
in Holland it's about 70-75 and the last couple of days we had some quit big shower rains.
but no complaining, we had more then 8 weeks sun every day!!
my mother in law (76) thinks that the summer is over :o, tried to explain to her that it haven't started jet.....
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 12:19:11 pm »
The heat is on?  Yep, my furnace is running.. only 60 here and we don't expect to see 70 this week.  And rain?  I'm in Seattle.  Do I need to say more? 
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 02:41:34 pm »
GB, I grew up in East Peoria IL and a Cardinal fan! Being in the Chicago area since I was 17 and a WGN listener well these here Cubs kinda grew on me. Kinda like a bad rash ;)
I am glad when the Cardinals are having a good year. It is when the Cubs and the Cardinals are both having good years (not often) that I some times wonder where I stand.
I still have NEVER bought anything that says Cubs and have a Cardinals cap! Back in the late 80's went to a Cubs/Cardinals game at Wrigley with my cap and Cardinals T-shirt and red sweats, totally embarrassed my friends! Cardinals lost that day.

Now the weather in Chicago is 59F and it actually feels cold. It dropped from 95F last night slowly as the storms went through.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 03:34:37 pm »
Harold...I was at a game at Wrigley with a bunch of friends from St. Louis (we took a weekend train trip) and it got so cold I HAD to buy a Cubs sweat shirt but I put it on 'inside out'!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 09:50:57 am »
Thanks Guys!  Us Floridians really love hearing people complain about the weather.  Rained briefly last night.  Temp should be about 91 this afternoon.  What's not to love?
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 10:45:42 am »
Well Huntsville, alabama has had over 90 degree days for 13 days so far and NO BIG RAIN IN SIGHT.  The poor looking wat was always Beautiful lawn is slowly turning browner n browner.  Water doesn't help much.  Danny  :+}

Danny  :+}

Offline slowcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 11:37:06 am »
Here on the Central Oregon Coast its been 55/60 few rain showers .
love it

JP
JP

S - ee
M - iracles
I - n
L - ife
E - veryday

TomC

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 11:50:30 am »
Here in South Carolina, we're much like Danny - grass is turning brown and not much we can do about it.

SMF

Teknoromi