Author Topic: HWPlmbr1  (Read 1200 times)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
HWPlmbr1
« on: June 02, 2011, 10:42:03 am »
I Had not seen a post from Harold for a long time, so I sent him an email. He has his own blog you all might like to see. He says hi to all and will check in with us soon. For those who remember Harold, send him an email and say hi. http://haroldwoodcrafting.wordpress.com/
Dan In Southern California

HWPlmbr1

Re: HWPlmbr1
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 01:17:20 pm »
Well hello again everyone! Long time no get here. Thanks Dan for the gentle push to get back here. GB check your email!
It has been a rough time but I keep trying to hang in there, but with no job for 30 months now and unemployment stopped back in Sept. it gets harder and harder. I have been pursuing my plumbing business, but that takes time to build. I get a couple jobs, then none, then a couple. I have two bathrooms that I did the rough in work but now have to wait for the rest to get finished so I can finish the trim work. So up and down it goes, but the downs keep getting lower.
Plus all the time and effort towards plumbing, job hunting and such keeps me away from the scroll saw. I did do a heart shelf a while back. I will post it in the brag spot.
So if you got friends, relatives or enemies in the Chicago area tell them to look me up. Maybe your enemy I will get to be your friend! :)
If I can keep the electric and phone on I will try to get back here more often.
Hey anybody seen my duct tape?! :)
Harold

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 01:43:05 pm »
Harold...you have your Faith, your Family and your Friends!

I have learned to rely on the Three "F"s and let come what comes but keep working toward the end whatever you do!

The AA groups always say..."It works IF you work it"!

we're all pulling for you and we know you will not give up!

HUGZZZZZ to you!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 01:44:34 pm »
Hey Harold, Thanks for checking in with us! I know what you mean about work as I lost my job about a month ago. This is the first I have spoken about it to the forum. I guess it is a tough thing to talk about.
Just know you have friends here and we all support each other!
And I have to admit, I miss the duct tape jokes!

SheGold

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 01:57:54 pm »
God Bless you both and I pray you will have jobs soon.. Things are tough everywhere.. Keep the faith work hard and hold your head up at all times.. Remember God loves you.... Sheila in Tx

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 02:16:49 pm »
Hi, Harold:
I don't know you much because I arrived here probably after you left, but I am originally from the Chicago area.  My son lives in Plainfield and is a Joliet police officer.  If you PM me your personal information about your company I can give it to him and perhaps have him refer you if someone is in need.  Good luck and hang in there! 

Sheila :) 
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 02:28:41 pm »
Hey Harold!  This is called 'networking' by the 'suits'!

Work It, Dude!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

marmoh

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 03:30:43 pm »
Wishing you all the best Harold.
Dan, look on the bright side ... at least you will have more time to hang out with us  ;D ;D

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 03:31:50 pm »
Wishing you all the best Harold.
Dan, look on the bright side ... at least you will have more time to hang out with us  ;D ;D
You mean you haven't noticed? ;D

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 03:34:56 pm »
I did and frankly I was wondering why you were posting at some of the times you were...
figured it was 'vacation' time not the alternative!

Keep the Faith, Bud!

HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

~~~GB~~~

marmoh

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 03:41:58 pm »
I was thinking "what a job" you get to hang out on the computer at work all day ..... sorry ... everything in life is for a reason ... may you find yours soon..... xxxxxx ooooooo

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 12:59:37 pm »
Hi Harold, good to hear from you.
hang in there buddy! I'm glad to see you didn't lose your (humor) duct tape  ;)
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 03:28:43 am »
Harold and Dan, one or 2 suggestions.
If you are a Veteran contact the VA if there is one near by, let them know you'll take any work, same for the Unemployment Office they often have people come by looking for day laborers, get there before the doors open, sometimes those turn into full time jobs if the boss likes your work and attitude. It can help to put beans on the table and keep your self respect. You don't have to ask me how I know!
Gabby
BTDT
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 04:08:50 pm »
Thanks everyone for the welcome back and the comments on my heart shelf in the brag forum. You are also stopping by my blog but not leaving comments there. It doesn't take much to leave a comment so don't be shy over there! I do appreciate you taking a peak.Thanks to those of you getting me some plumbing/work contacts and the pep talks! I appreciate all of you, my forum friends, you are the best!! One great big family looking out for each other!

SMF

Teknoromi