Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 1035 times)

rochar3

New Guy
« on: May 17, 2011, 01:26:45 pm »
Hello,

I am Bob from Valparaiso, Indiana and am a novice when it comes to Scrolling. Recently retired and am really enjoying Scrolling. Make more firewood than projects but I am slowly improving. Appreciate the patterns here.
I am recently retired so I have lots of time on my hands and am using Scroll Saw on a daily basis. I need some one on one instruction and if anybody out there is close by. please let me know.

Thanks
Bob

CNLNC

Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 02:43:03 pm »
Welcome Bob, you will definelty get all the help you need from the fantastic people here on this site. Don't be shy and ask as much as you want. Good luck, and before you know it you'll be making more project than firewood. ;D

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 02:45:03 pm »
hi Bob welcome aboard i'm Todd from Newfoundland Canada you well get lots of help here.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 03:17:01 pm »
Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Jump in and let the sawdust fly.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 05:02:04 pm »
Hi Bob, Welcome from Southern California. I'm Dan, Come on in and join the fun.
Do you have any woodworking stores near by? I teach scroll saw at The Woodcraft store in Ventura CA. Check around and see if anybody offers classes. Also check around for woodworking clubs. And don't be afraid to ask question here. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here all willing to help!
Dan In Southern California

marmoh

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 05:34:03 pm »
Bob .. welcome from Mississippi ... Marion

SheGold

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 06:31:38 pm »
Big Texas welcome to you Bob.. These guys can help you even if it just online.. Theres a few ladies that are very talented and knowledgeable too.. Again welcome to the forum... Sheila

bluesuede

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 08:49:54 pm »
Welcome from Nova Scotia Bob... Enjoy your retirement, keep on practicing, it will come in no time...

Bruce ;D

cameronj

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 09:37:50 am »
Welome, Bob.  I'm Jim from London, Ontario.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 12:30:28 pm »
Hey Bob,  There are tons of great video tutorials out there.  I'm Julie from Texas.  So glad you have joined us.  Don't torch all your old projects - they are fun to look back at to see how far you have come.

Chachi

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 12:59:10 pm »
Welcome to the Addict.......ahhhhhhhhh.....Hobby yeah that's it Hobby And Howdy From Texas were glad you found us.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 10:42:47 pm »
Bob
If you haven't already seen them see Steve's tutorial videos on his website.
here:      http://www.scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/
Just copy and paste it if clicking on it doesn't work. A word of warning all these old hands make everything look so simple and easy, so don't be discouraged if you can't just zip through it like they do, it takes practice.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

SMF

Teknoromi