Author Topic: What a great idea!  (Read 3462 times)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
What a great idea!
« on: May 17, 2011, 11:31:29 am »
I don't have an Ipad, but after seeing Steve's Ipad stand pattern this morning, I want to go out and get one! I think this may be a good seller at the two shows I am going to do this year.I Better get busy! http://www.stevedgood.com/istand.pdf
Dan In Southern California

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
Re: What a great idea!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 01:37:55 pm »
It makes me want to get an ipad. I also really like the design that is cut out, I may "borrow" that element for something else.

Offline TripleB

• Simply put, I love Scrolling!
    • View Profile
    • Scroll Saw Paradise
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 01:40:10 pm »
I agree Dan, with this being a good seller, best of all it's really simple to make and won't take much time. Could probably knock a bunch of these out in a day or two.

CNLNC

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 02:39:36 pm »
@dgman...
What shows are you going to? I've tried to find shows in the area, but have had no luck. I know we don't live to far from eachother, so if the shows are open to the public, I would love to know where and when.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 05:31:31 pm »
@dgman...
What shows are you going to? I've tried to find shows in the area, but have had no luck. I know we don't live to far from eachother, so if the shows are open to the public, I would love to know where and when.

Our Woodworking club is going to have a booth at a street fair in Thousand Oaks sometime in late summer or early fall. I don't have the date yet but will let you know when I find out. The second one will be at the Woodcraft store in early December. They did this last year and was quite successful. It is a wood art sale open to local woodworkers by invitation only. Contact them at 805.658.9663 or their web site at http://www.woodcraft.com/stores/store.aspx?id=580.
By the way, I teach scroll saw there. if you look, you might find pictures of me there!

CNLNC

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 05:49:09 pm »
Thanks Dan, I'd love to check it out. I really need to get to that store, I think I could "browse" for a very long time.
Nice picture by the way. ;D

ChuckD

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 11:15:43 pm »
Could someone explain these new things, I pad, I pod, I berry (or something).  I got my Bride a I ron. but I wasn't the same..

tux_linux

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 02:15:40 am »
*lol*

Dan, I think you don't need to get a IPad for making some of those stands... But if you feel like needing one - get it, it's sure fun.

@ chuck
I don't have those things too. I have a blackberry to organize my schedules and contacts - or more like carrying them around between home computer and work computer.

regards
Torsten

Offline mainberg

• Better than drivers' license pix
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 09:20:53 am »
Would think something like that would work for Kindle or one of the other readers, too.
Pat B

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 09:31:15 am »
Great idea Pat! my wife has a Kindle. I will make one for her!

Offline lwsjc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 01:30:15 pm »
How thick is a kindle?

Thanks   Larry

Offline mainberg

• Better than drivers' license pix
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 02:59:19 pm »
Kindle III is 0.335" thick, the larger one, D something, is 0.38". Only know this because have been dithering over whether to get one. Do not know about the older ones.
Pat B

Offline lwsjc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 12:54:10 pm »
Thanks Pat

Larry

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 01:29:32 pm »
Pat -
If all you want to to is read, the Kindle is the most awesome thing ever. If you want to be able to do other stuff (web, email, apps, games...) then you want somthing else, probably an iPad.
I have a Kindle, and I love it. The screen is so easy to read compaired to a back lit screen like the iPad or some of the other readers.
I got mine for Christmas, I have read more since then then I did all of last year.
my 2 cents
MrsN

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 01:36:47 pm »
My wife has a Kindle and loves it. She has always been a reader and loves how portable it is. As for me, Amazon gift cards are always a hit!

SMF

Teknoromi