Author Topic: scrollsaw  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Re: scrollsaw
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 01:31:48 am »
Thanks all  Looks like butt placement is the way to go.
That is good because I added a shelf to the end of my workbench yesterday & mounted my saw to it,now maybe I will use it a little more.
I had my saw 5 years before I ever used it.

Poke back
Gabby if I remember right you live on the southern Oregon coast.
Are you sure you have not misspelled your name.
I don't think those traps they use are called Gabby traps.

By the way its raining on the Central Oregon coast today.
JP

Are you incineratin that I'm Crabby???  Huh yuh whippersnapper!!!
LOL are we havin' fun yet?
Rained pretty good last night.
Cra  humph  Gabby  ;D
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline slowcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 10:40:47 am »
Gabby being a whippersnapper is great.
At 71 it still leaves me a lot of people to look up to.

Asking a favor from all
If you ever catch me thinking about buying a Craftsman power tool please kick my fat ( l ) real hard.

Tried to scroll yesterday & no matter what I did the blade popped out of the top arm.

Some days you do some days you don't ,guess yesterday was a you don't day.
JP
I got one do you.
JP

S - ee
M - iracles
I - n
L - ife
E - veryday

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 01:03:01 pm »
Hey, Gabby, you can relax.  I'm the Crabby one around here!  BTW, I live in the Seattle area, and we haven't seen 70 degrees for 200 days.  Forecast is for 71 tomorrow so I better get some suntan lotion. LOL.
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 10:07:29 pm »
Well JP I just called you a whippersnapper, but not a YOUNG one! LOL you've got a couple years on me. OLD TIMER!  ;D ;D ;D
 I just couldn't resist.

Crabby I figured with that moniker you must be a crab fisherman.
I was seriously considering getting a craftsman when a good samaritan gave me his old Delta.
From what I hear they aren't up to the old Sears standard of quality, but many products available to us nowadays aren't either. Now I under stand why Chinese boats are called JUNKS..
We don't want to get started on all the products that aren't made in the USA anymore.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 11:16:52 am »
Gabby, you're right about me being a crab fisherman.  Not commercially, just for the fun and great eating.  But I had to sell the boat so I should change my screen name.  Maybe not having a boat makes me crabby??
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Chachi

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 12:05:38 pm »
I was seriously considering getting a craftsman when a good samaritan gave me his old Delta.
From what I hear they aren't up to the old Sears standard of quality

Gabby stick with the Delta Trust me I was on my third saw from Sears when it went down and I decide that's it I gave Sears 3 chances to redeem thier good name and I still got junk I won't be buying anything from Sears that has any kindof a  cord on it anymore that is for sure

Offline beginner

• Maker of custom fire wood
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 01:01:32 pm »
Gabby, get the Delta.  I just got a new scroll saw from sears and what a mistake.
Jim

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 05:57:29 pm »
Oh I have the Delta 40-540 and I have no intention of changing any time soon. It was a very fine gift, and needed only a little TLC less than 20 bucks to replace the lower blade clamp parts, it was slipping and breaking blades. After replacement no more slipping and now the only time I break blades is if I force the material. My main problem is putting side force on the blade especially while cutting on a large plaque 18 inches  as I am working on now. It makes me wish the table was wider so I don't have to push down so hard to keep it from tipping up. Anyone got an easy solution to extending the table without breaking the piggy bank? I'm playing with an idea of one of those large cutting boards made of that slick plastic. HVLP  or some such name. with a small hole to thread the blade through. It would have to clamp to the table from underneath.

Crabbyboater don't change your name it's pretty cool, keeps people wondering whether you hate boating or are just an old crab. Keep them in suspense.  ;D
Today we finally got above 70 F drop dead beautiful! But supposed to be raining again this weekend.
Well the honey do's are mounting up so I'm out of here for a while.
Gabby
just living up to my name.  ;D
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline TripleB

• Simply put, I love Scrolling!
    • View Profile
    • Scroll Saw Paradise
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 04:31:59 pm »
Hey Gabby, a suggestion. Home Depot sells melamine, it's a very hard and smooth surface, pretty cheap and you can wax it if necessary. You can build to suit your needs. It comes in various sizes and is 3/4" thick.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?keyword=melamine&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

BTW...I'm a sitter too!

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 07:47:19 pm »
Thanks 3B
HD is opening a new store in Grants Pass later this year or maybe the first of next year. I don't think I'll wait that long.  ;D

I've already got the lady of the house looking for one of those plastic cutting boards, they are about 1/2" thick and comes in various sizes , I'm hoping for about 18" by 24" and I can trim it as needed. She's going to a kitchen store tomorrow any way.
That fancy plastic is also used as bearing material and doesn't need lubrication as long as it's isn't something spinning really fast and making a lot of heat. I know they use it in homebuilt airplanes for control linkages.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

SMF

Teknoromi