Author Topic: Router Table...  (Read 2635 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Router Table...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:39:27 am »
It looks like a nice setup but a little small. I have a full size table and works good for me, but if small size is what you are looking for, it should work very nicely. The most important thing is will your router fit without having to drill holes. In the description it does not state which routers will and will not fit other than Bosch. Go to the Bosch website and see if yours will fit.
Dan In Southern California

marmoh

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:40:14 am »
My thought is ... you can buy it and have it sent to my house !!!!!!!!!!

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 11:00:32 am »
Dan...I just got the Bosch 'Colt' and the website says it is an automatic fit which is why I am even considering it. Would have ordered from CPO-Bosch where I got the 'recon' router but they are $20 higher and I have Free Shipping from Amazon.

My basic needs will be in the area of 6 to 15 inches so it should be OK and I am VERY limited for space.
Trying to get set up to do some of my own frames without breaking the bank and having to rent a 'storage facility' for a workshop.

I also like the idea that it is enclosed with the two dust ports!

Payday is coming up as well as my B'day so It looks like a GO!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 11:04:26 am »
Marion! Are you suggesting that I make you a 'kept woman'?????
I would have to move in with it, of course!

When I win the "Powerball Lottery" I will buy every one of my 'buddies' one tool of their choice...SO stay on my 'buddy list'!!!

~~~GB~~~

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 12:21:39 pm »
ooo...am I on the buddy list?..I could use a router table   ;D

Offline lwilli

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 04:09:46 pm »
Actually, this is the very same router table I had originally looked at. It is a great little table with very good reviews. However, at the time I needed something a little bigger so I opted for the Kreg table with the Porter Cable 7518 Router. Obviously, it is a lot more money, but I wanted a system that I could use for building cabinets without being restricted by size. Just consider what your plans are for it's use. If small projects are all that you are interested in then in my opinion it is a smart choice. I hope this helps!

Louis
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935

marmoh

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 08:20:22 pm »
GB, if you had to move in with me I wouldn't be on your "buddy list" for long !!!  You would gladly give up the router table to be able to just get the heck out !!!  :o :o :o :o

Offline Paw Paw Ray

• View Profile
    • Paw Paws Workshop
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 07:27:04 am »
Why would anyone buy a router table?  Build your own then you can add all the bells and buttons you like.

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 08:38:45 am »
Simply said, "I ain't got the equipment, time or space!"

~~~GB~~~

cgswss

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 05:58:33 pm »
Looks great, but seems awful over priced.  O bought a mounting plate for my router, then routed a inset on my work table for the mounting plat to fit into.  When I need a clear work table, I just remove the router and put a piece of plywood into the routed insert.  This worked very well for me.  When I want to use the router hand held, I just use it in the adapter Its nice to have that big base!

This worked so well for he that I got brave and cut an insert sized hole in my table saw extension and made a bracket under it to support the router.  I love this set up because I have the full top of the saw as a support and can use the fence and cross cut guide.  It takes guts to start cutting up your table saw, but I figured I could always buy a new extension if I super screwed up.

I have moved since doing this and have a very limited area to work in.  having the ?router table? built into my table saw is a huge advantage.

I bought my insert from Rockler (because they had metal inserts) but anyone that sells tables also sells the adapter plates

Craig

chief

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 10:14:33 pm »
GB I looked at Bosch's website and it doesnt list the "Colt" as a direct fit.  I have a bunch of scraps laying around my garage.  I can make you a small benchtop router table.  I would just ask you pay for the hardware and shipping.  I know it will fit the "Colt" because I have one myself and can build it to fit.

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 12:00:11 pm »
WOW, what an offer!

Sending you a P.M. right away!

Thanks for the offer!

~~~GB~~~

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 04:11:20 pm »
Router tables are great!  cgswss I went a similar route as you.  I had an old Craftsman table, but it was too small.  I bought a router lift and installed that in my extension table on my Unisaw.  It is so versatile and accurate now!  Jessem recently came out with a new model that is a good bit less expensive than the older ones, but still has sufficient strength and good engineering.  About the same time, Home Depot ran a clearance on a 2 1/4 hp Porter Cable router at $89.  It was too good a combo to pass up.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

ChuckD

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 04:12:22 pm »
I have a big Craftsman Table saw and I got the router table extension that fits on one end of that.. Gives me more room for both my table saw and router table.

SMF

Teknoromi