Author Topic: Steve good please reply thanks. Problems with the blade distance being to long  (Read 1322 times)

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
http://www.scrollsaws.com/SawReviews/DewltTuneUp.htm

Problems with the blade distance being too long

the above link above click it and look for  the problems with the blade distances being to long what are they talking about.

I have the dewalt scroll saw dw788 type2 scroll saw and if so can anyone else tells me what else could be wrong with the type 2 scoll saw.

Thank you...

PS mine is year 2010 type 2 dw788 dewalt scroll saw...

SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

tux_linux

the blade holders are to far from each other - the blade is not clamped that well. That's my guess.
As the blade is always 5" long it could get difficult to get it fixed proper.

regards
Torsten

garberfc

Saw blade is leaning backward
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 03:07:34 pm »

I'm having a similar problem except my blade is leaning back at the top of the stroke.. It's particularly evident when the saw stroke is at the lowest point. My blade leans back about 1/16".

Here's my theory on the front to back movement of the blade:The pairs of parallel fingers between the machine and blade holder move in an arc as they go up and down. The blade holder is closest to the front of the table when blade holder is straight out from the machine. As the holder moves either up or down the distance to the front of the table increases. So there will always be back to front blade movement limited by the degrees of the arc.

Ideally the blade will stay perpendicular to the table while it travels up and down and never lean backward or forward towards the front of the table. This is the problem I'm having...

I have an idea as to why the blade leans back. I think the pair of fingers above the table aren't parallel to the pair of fingers below the table. I think the distance between the center of the pivot points on the machine should be equal to the distance between the centers of the blade tensioning thumbscrews. I think my blade holders are closer together than they should be. So when the stroke is at it's lowest point the upper pair of fingers are closer to the machine making the blade lean backward.

Does this make sense? Is there anyway to adjust the position of the fingers?

Please respond and let me know if you've had a similar experience and how you fixed it...

Thanks in advance,
F

garberfc

If you want to move this to the "General Scrollsaw Talk" forum, please do...

SMF

Teknoromi