Author Topic: Plans for an ARK desperately needed!  (Read 1575 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Plans for an ARK desperately needed!
« on: April 25, 2011, 09:43:54 pm »
If these rains don't stop soon I will be building one in my driveway, a la Bill Cosby!

Even the concrete around here is getting soggy!!!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

chief

Re: Plans for an ARK desperately needed!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 09:56:11 pm »
Try living in WA

Chachi

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 10:14:39 pm »
I thopught you would like it so I sent it your way Since we got our fill Yesterday.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 10:16:22 pm »
Forget the plans GB.  If it ain't raining you don't need the ark, and if it is raining then it's too wet to work on it.  Kinda like the leak in the roof you can't fix in the rain and it doesn't leak when it isn't raining.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

SheGold

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 07:59:57 am »
Hey GB you can send the rain down my way here in Texas and I'll send you the powder keg we have here... Hope you dry out soon... Sheila

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 10:19:33 am »
Sheila, I have been in TX and worked on a ranch there...I know what you are going thru and I wish the Great Spirit could kind of even things out for us!

Too much here, not enough there...Equal would be nice!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

TomC

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:01:30 pm »
I bought some 'ark' plans from the source Steve has at the bottom of his web site.  Realy nice for the grandkids - but I don't think you'd fit!

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 01:26:12 pm »
Tom, did you like making that arc? I have seen it, and almost ordered it a few times. It looks like it would be a fun build and fun to play with.

SheGold

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 05:22:30 pm »
GB its so bad down here that the fires have started again along with winds gusting up to 50 mph.. And did I mention hot!.. Have a good one my friend... Sheila

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 07:38:32 pm »
Katie,  If you build that ark make sure you measure and remeasure the bow and stern.  The pattern isn't quite accurate.

TomC

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 09:33:24 pm »
Yes, I enjoyed the ark.  I have several Grandchildren in the right age range, so am making several.  Julie is right on about the measuring.  The plans intentionally leave a notch at each end of each deck section fairly open with a comment for you to adjust based on the dimensions of your wood.  I had difficulty getting the bow and stern glued in properly.  Requires painting the animals and the effect of lifting each deck to expose the next animal gives a lot of fun.  Made one out of pine and one out of some oak planks i was able to get.  The hardwood gave a nicer end product. -although i still have painting to do.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 12:00:50 pm »
I have bought the plans for that ark, but haven't made it yet.  I also got the plans toymaker press just put out.  that one looks like a lot of fun as well.  I made an ark several years ago from combined ideas and plans and my wife and the grandkids love playing with it when they visit.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

tux_linux

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 04:35:02 pm »
Building the ark is not the right thing for you GB - sandals and cowl do not really fit you  ;D

Instead buy these before they are out of stock. They make you look young and wild.

regards
Torsten

Dawie

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 02:12:09 pm »
Katie,  If you build that ark make sure you measure and remeasure the bow and stern.  The pattern isn't quite accurate.
Thanks for the info, bought that pattern a while back, but have not got round to making it yet.
David

SMF

Teknoromi