Author Topic: A way to Color easter eggs that is better all around.  (Read 579 times)

Chachi

A way to Color easter eggs that is better all around.
« on: April 23, 2011, 02:00:54 am »
With Easter right right around the corner I thought I would tell you about the way I colored eggs when I was a kid and passed it on to my kids hares what you do.

You will need any kind of paper cup's (large ones enough for every color of food coloring you have and one for Tie Dye)

Cooking oil (veggie is the best)

Vinegar (white)

Food coloring (all different colors)

Newspaper to cover the work area

egg cartons to store the eggs for drying.

An old spoon for dipping and pulling eggs out

1. Fill each cup about half way with vinegar
2. Make drops of Veggie oil in the vinegar  (vinegar and oil don't mix so oil will stay on top)
3. Take the food coloring and drop a few drops in each of the oil droplets in each cup
4. Slowly drop the egg into the mixture and wait the longer you wait the stronger the color will be pull the egg out slowly (how neat is that?)

NOTE* In the Tye Dye cup add all of the collors of the food coloring to the oil and watch the childs face light up when they pull it out of the cup you can also use a candle or crayon (White color) to write what ever you want it wan't stick to it....

If you choose to do this please feel free to show off your eggs Trust me the youngins will love it. (Pssst So will you)

Enjoy and HOPPY EASTER!
                           Chachi

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
Re: A way to Color easter eggs that is better all around.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 11:08:20 am »
I'll add my easter egg coloring tip. Instead of using a spoon to dip eggs, put the egg inside a wisk. Fewer syained fingers and little kids can do it well.

Chachi

Re: A way to Color easter eggs that is better all around.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 08:38:13 pm »
Hmmmm good Idea Katie thanks never thought of that...

SMF

Teknoromi