Author Topic: Magnifying Bench Lamp!  (Read 1218 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Magnifying Bench Lamp!
« on: April 19, 2011, 10:45:37 am »
If you are thinking about one....

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?cat=1,44047&p=56768

Looks like a very good one.

~~~GrayBeard~~~
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 10:47:37 am by GrayBeard »
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

ShadowB6

Re: Magnifying Bench Lamp!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 11:12:40 am »
Nice lamp GB, but I think I'll hold out for the one Seyco has for the Excalibur if it ever goes on sale. Julief says she couldn't do without it but I still find it too pricey.

Mike

marmoh

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:57:07 pm »
GB, I bought one like it at Harbor Freight last week for the same price.  Had been waiting as they were on back order.  I would have jumped on this if not for the stroke of luck I had, as it was the last one there.   It sure does bring things up close and personal. I am going to have to position my self differently as I used to have to be right up on the wood.  Thanks for always looking out for us with finding bargains on all of the goodies we need.   Marion

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 04:35:38 pm »
This looks like the same one I bought at Harbor Freight when I got my "new" RBI Hawk 220vs.  It fits perfectly in the mounting hole the RBI has, and I really like it.  Very stable and I can cover the magnifier when I'm not using it.  No dust there!  Lee Valley does also offer an alternate mount that you can use instead of the clamp.  Would have liked that when I had my DeWalt 788.
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

tj

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 09:51:07 pm »
I have this exact lamp. My wife bought it for me for Christmas. It is fantastic. Spreads light everywhere. Stays where you set it and doesn't move around on my DeWalt.  Works great with or without the magnifier.

RWEC

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 10:15:51 pm »
I don't have this lamp/magnifier but I have it's brother.

Almost identical and with my old, weak eyes both the light and the magnification is necessary.

A real help for the smaller patterns.

Randy

Offline woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 12:25:52 am »
I have a Craftex light/Magnifier 7". with a dust cover.
I bought about 8 months ago and it works great.Its mounted on the wall so I dont get any vibration.
I bought it from Busy Bee. in Canada
Jim

SMF

Teknoromi