Author Topic: Hello Steve  (Read 679 times)

nwtaurus

Hello Steve
« on: April 05, 2011, 01:07:06 am »
My name is Jerry, I really enjoy scrolling thanks to you. Your blogs, videos, and patterns are the best. I am very new to this scrolling, and really look forward to feedback. Everyone in the Scrollsaw Workshop Community are great about helping and support. Let the saw dust fly, lol.
I do have a question? I would like to put up some of my finished scrolls, and could use help with making photos into patterns, but all the pictures I have are to big, they have to be 128 KB? and mine are slightly to big, what do I do to fix this? I am new to dealing with the software on the various free photo shop type software. but I want to learn.
I am a college student at the age of 41, have been a carpenter for over 20 years, but all framing type work. My trade has taken a hit with this economy. I'm going to school for business,trying to learn the business side of my plans and dreams of having a small woodshop.
Thank you
     Jerry Everson
      nwtaurus@yahoo.com

Mainewoods

Re: Hello Steve
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 07:00:32 am »
Jerry,  you've got a few options on getting photos of your projects posted.  #1 Shrink them down to a small enough size using whatever photo editing software you have.  Most editors have a "resize" option in their menu.  640 x 480 pixels is a good place to start.  Too many factors involved to say exactly what size you'll need for your photos.  Another frequently available editor option is "save for the web", where you can save a copy of the file in a folder of your choosing, and the saving process gives you many options for making the file smaller including resizing, resolution and quality settings.
#2 is to use a web based photo hosting site, where you upload your full size photo to the site, then you can link to that photo in the forum.  Again, many options to choose from here.  Many are free, so you don't have to pay to have your pictures hosted online.

Hope this helps!

Chachi

Re: Hello Steve
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 09:25:33 am »
Jerry the one that I use is free and has everything you need all in one here is a link to it http://picasa.google.com/  I hope this helps.

SMF

Teknoromi