Author Topic: Mike's Workshop  (Read 1967 times)

Offline tas2181

• View Profile
Mike's Workshop
« on: March 28, 2011, 09:53:01 pm »
Just to let you all know that Mike from Mike's Workshop (Flying Dutchman blades) will be having hip replacement surgery in May.

He probably will be laid up recovering for a couple of weeks, so if you need to order blades, you should do so in the next few weeks.

He is also contemplating selling his business, but after talking to him the other day, and seeing a post from him on another forum, I don't think that is imminent, unless a great offer comes up. He still loves what he is doing even though he devotes 7 days a week to it.

When I talked to him, he was concerned that him not being able to fill orders during his recovery time would alienate his customers. I told him that I was sure that virtually all his customers would understand.

CNLNC

Re: Mike's Workshop
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 10:09:22 pm »
I just ordered more blades from him yesterday. I was also thinking about stocking up, especially if he is going to be laid up. Maybe he can give us a time frame when the blades will not be available so we can plan.
The most important thing is for him to recover and get better. I as a customer will understand if there is a period where he can not sell blades. I'll still be his customer when he is able to start selling again.

Good luck Mike...best wishes and prayers.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 11:01:56 pm »
You let Mike know as he may find from reading this that we are a caring and PATIENT lot!

After all he has done for us and this hobby we would certainly not be so foolish as to run if he has a bit of a problem!

~~~GrayBeard~~~

I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 10:01:36 am »
Hey!! I just checked in.  Me and Mike will be in bed together HA!!!!  It sounds like my surgery is going to wait until May too.   I am just lazy and tired but feeling good enopugh to do a little sawing and watch/re-watch some movies. 
I'm from North Dakota

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 10:47:10 am »
The thought of you two in the same room together brings up all kinds of interesting images! Do they even allow scrollsaws in hospitals? Maybe as a 'surgical accessory'?

I would really like to be a mouse under the cabinet.

Sounds like you finally received some 'definite' information and I am happy for you.
Please remember we are with you, well maybe NOT in the same room but in our thoughts.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Chachi

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 12:21:31 pm »
I also buy my blades from Mike and will wait till he is up and going again to buy from him again I for one will not leave him. We all have a bad time or two in our lives this is just one for him, anyone who leaves during this time was not a real customer anyway.

Our prayers go with Mike in this time of need for a speedy recovery we wish him all the best.

marmoh

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 12:56:26 pm »
Judy, you and Mike in bed together  :o :o  Well I guess the cats out of the bag now  ;D

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 03:03:45 pm »
I think the more correct term would be.."in beds together'!

But even that causes the imagination to run wild and rampant!

Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzz to you BOTH!

~~~GB~~~

Bill P

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 03:38:10 pm »
I was going to stay on topic, for once, and do nothing other than wish the best to Mike.  A message from Lisa to Judy, however, is "You go girl."

;)

Bill

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 03:46:09 pm »
I just placed my order with Mike. I figured it was a good time to stock up. Good luck to Mike with the surgery!

tux_linux

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 04:05:25 pm »
ohoh - there it goes...get all the blades you can - you never know how long he will not be sending them  :o

...I think nothing will keep him apart from doing his business. Mike is one of those people, who never stop.
Mike is the business - the business is Mike!

And from that point of view, it will be just a break and nothing more. Just a short note on the timetable.

Quote from: GrayBeard
I think the more correct term would be.."in beds together'!
... arguing about the snoring, complaining about the meals, discussions on the TV program..   ;D ;) ;D

regards
Torsten

ShadowB6

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 08:51:09 pm »
I just placed an order with Mike about 10 days ago. This one should last me a while as I've ordered about 6 or 7 gross from him over the last 2 months. So with that said, best of luck with your surgery Mike. BTW, this guy should give lessons to companies on how to communicate. He's great.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 07:15:58 pm »
Thanks for the heads up, I also need to order blades. I have never met Mike but have spoken to him on the phone and through e-mail and feel I have known hom all my life. I hope everything goes well for both of you.

You know we should make up a scroller's prayer :D any takers :)
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Mainewoods

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 07:24:53 am »
Mike, if you're reading this, I for one hope you have a speedy recovery and return to being the BEST source for Flying Dutchman blades!  However, you do what you need to do to take care of YOU....don't worry about being able to take care of us!

SMF

Teknoromi