Author Topic: Slow time  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Slow time
« on: March 26, 2011, 06:31:22 pm »
Is it just me? Or is the forum slow I'm not seeing much going on, the last few days have been that way. As usual the weather's still crappy, break a couple blades and it rains. Arghhh.
Frustrated, Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: Slow time
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 07:07:55 pm »
Don't get frustrated, Gabby.  Once you get the hang of where your machine is tensioned right, It will get better.  You have to break a few blades to get the feel for it.

Bill P

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 07:14:40 pm »
You can't make an omelet with breaking a few bla....er...eggs.

Bill

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 07:35:31 pm »
Is it just me? Or is the forum slow I'm not seeing much going on, the last few days have been that way. As usual the weather's still crappy, break a couple blades and it rains. Arghhh.
Frustrated, Gabby
It happens Gabby. Some days everyone is on, some days only a few are on. I have been in the shop all day, and plan on being in the shop all day tomarrow!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 07:51:50 pm »
Hey Everyone....Being Happily Retired I have gotten into A HABIT.  Checking in on our Forum bout 4 to 5 times per day and I also have noticed the Posts are the same as yesterday.  Mostly anyway.  Think Dgman is correct.  We all have OTHER things that need attending, so Hey Lets get on with our hobby and let our Forum do its own thing as time provides.
                       Love this place and all of yas....  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Chachi

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 08:20:44 pm »
I myself Have noticed the slow down on the forum as well I say the weather is getting warmer (in some areas) so people have gone back out to the shops and with the Gradutions (spelled it that way on purpose) right around the corner for some they need to get the orders/gifts done.

So don't worry Gabby and gang we are all still here were just in the shops creating more sawdust but when the weather gets cold once again we all shall return....

marmoh

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 10:40:53 pm »
Well, I've been spending way too much time, being entertained by the guy across the street that is building a house.  He seems to be doing it himself with help from his son.  I can't go into total detail other than to say he doesn't have a clue.  If he misplaces his sledge hammer he'll never get it done.  At my age, if this gets any better, I will have to start wearing depends during the day!!!   :o :o

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 11:42:37 pm »
Well, I've been spending way too much time, being entertained by the guy across the street that is building a house.  He seems to be doing it himself with help from his son.  I can't go into total detail other than to say he doesn't have a clue.  If he misplaces his sledge hammer he'll never get it done.  At my age, if this gets any better, I will have to start wearing depends during the day!!!   :o :o

This I've got to see, I'm LMAO visualizing that. Do you need any help pinning them on. LOL   LOL   LOL
Still laughing, Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 11:49:32 pm »
Thanks Marion I needed that.
I'm getting cabin fever with all the rain. It will stop long enough to make me think it's letting up, then 3 more days of rain. Went into the rain locker to get some grunge off, sun shining birds singing, by the time I was through, it was raining again. Now don't anybody tell me I can cut in the rain, every time I do my saw rusts. Made me a believer first time!
How about that ran spell check and didn't have to make any changes?
Stiill ggoott the ttoouucchh!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

marmoh

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 12:11:46 am »
Well if you could see some of the stuff he's done you'd wet yours too.
It's 11pm and 74 degrees here.  Supposed to have a chance for rain later tomorrow.  The weather has been gorgeous and I have started tilling the garden spot to get it ready for planting.
Things will change before long and the weather will allow you to get some sawdust going.

Chachi

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 11:17:23 am »
Gabby what you need to do is build yourself a little enclosed room so even if it is raining you can get out and make sawdust but by the sounds of it don't get the guy across from Marmoh's house to help sounds like he has no clue so you would still be cutting in the rain lmaoooooo!

cameronj

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 12:21:07 pm »
This page sounds like "The Scrollsaw Workshop" soap opera is getting more viewers.
Jim

Dawie

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 01:02:35 pm »
Spring is finally trying to make it's entrance here. So I have been out in the garden and also tidied up the attic. And with the warmer weather coming here every sunny day must be taken advantage of as you never know when the wheather will have bad turn again. So I will be less active on the forum then. Garden and patio area need major attention.
David

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 02:31:49 pm »
This page sounds like "The Scrollsaw Workshop" soap opera is getting more viewers.
Jim

If this was a Lathe forum, we could call it ,

"How My Stomach Turns"
Ya I know pretty crude.
What can I say I need my coffee and some SUN SHINE!
G
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

wardch

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 08:19:25 pm »
Snowing outside today.  It happens living at 7200'. 
We need the moisture.   

SMF

Teknoromi