Author Topic: Less for Veterans at Home depot  (Read 1120 times)

qlty

Less for Veterans at Home depot
« on: March 20, 2011, 09:49:00 am »
At the checkout at HD yesterday i was informed that a discount to veterans is no longer given unless you have a service connected medical.Sad to say as I had been given it in the past at least here in New York.Does anyone know what Lowe's current policy is??

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: Less for Veterans at Home depot
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 10:21:49 am »
I checked out at Lowe's and Home Depot yesterday and got my discount.  Home depot won't let me have the Military discount and the tax exept on the same purchase.  They say it is because it is used for commercial.   I used to work for Home Depot and the Military discount was a store by store thing.  Some managers didn't offer it and others did.  Try a different Home Depot.

JohnS

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 11:57:37 am »
I got the discount at Lowes last week but I had to show a military ID (I'm retired military).

regards,

John

chief

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 02:35:26 pm »
I am active duty and have always received a Military discount at Lowes and Home Depot.  My wife even gets it with her Dependent ID.

Mainewoods

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 08:23:20 am »
... a discount to veterans is no longer given unless you have a service connected medical.

So they're expecting vets to carry around their VA paperwork saying they have a service connected disability?!  ....and the person working the register is going to recognise if it's legit or not?!?!  Sounds completely bogus to me!  I don't go to HD frequently because Lowe's is much closer, but was at HD about 3 weeks ago and had no problem getting military discount (retired ID card).  Even my father doesn't have trouble with either HD or Lowe's, and all he has is a copy of his DD Form 214 that I miniaturized and laminated for him. 

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 09:40:26 am »
Sounds like a local store policy.  I get the discount and they don't even ask to see my card.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 10:20:52 am »
The best thing you can do is complain on the customer survey off your receipt.  They will jump on that immediately.  Those surveys are back in the store within 24 hours and complaints are handled immediately.  They don't like complaints and those go to headquarters first.  That will fix the problem ASAP!

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 04:22:19 pm »
I know this is an individual store policy for both stores. It's very simple, If the store refuse's, tell them your are going to the other store that does give a military discount!
Dan In Southern California

Chachi

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 10:14:35 am »
Here in Texas (In my town) you have to tell them you are a vet to get it at Lowes and HD

wardch

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 01:27:11 pm »
What do you mean when you say VET?   I'm a Vietnam Vet,  I'm not retired I did my 4 years and got out.    We have a lot of military here (Colorado Springs).  The stores here get confused on the word VET.  If they have a discount for Vets I tell them I'm a Vet.  They ask for some ID.  I say what do I need an ID for?   They say to prove I'm in the Military or Retired Military. I tell them their sign doesn't say that. It say Discount for Veterans.  I just like to pull their chains. 

Chris

SMF

Teknoromi