Author Topic: The things I like about this forum  (Read 5378 times)

Offline lwilli

• View Profile
The things I like about this forum
« on: March 04, 2011, 07:58:47 pm »
I like this forum because you don?t have to be a master woodworker or expert scroller to feel as though you belong here. It doesn?t matter whether you?ve just completed your first project and decided to share it or you?ve been at this for 30 years. Everyone is treated with a level of respect and beginners are supported and given the encouragement they need to go back and start that second project. It?s refreshing to know that the more experienced people haven?t forgotten where they started. They know the difficulties everyone faces when they first begin and it?s made obvious by their willingness to help others.
This is a place where people from all over the world gather to share their thoughts and projects with others who share the same common interest. I can?t help but wonder if Steve knew the impact that creating this site would have on so many people. It doesn?t matter whether you?re young or old, dude or dudette or where you?re from. Steve has found the one common link that can bring people together?it?s called ?sawdust?. He may have just found the answer to world peace?Steve you?re a genius.
Louis
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Re: The things I like about this forum
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 08:07:39 pm »
Hey Louis....Just wanted to put in my 2 cents.  Everything you stated is absolutely true.  THANK YOU STEVE....  Like another member always says.
YOU THE MAN.  God Bless you Steve.  Later....  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Mainewoods

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 08:32:51 pm »
Here here!

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 08:44:27 pm »
I found this site about a week before I bought my scrollsaw nearly a year ago and I've been here at least twice a day ever since - even though there are no "dumb questions" I think I have pushed the envelope a couple times and have always found a helping hand - Thanks Steve

Pete
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Bill P

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 09:05:42 pm »
Unlike Pete, I've never pushed the envelope.  But, like Louis, I love this place!

Bill

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 09:06:05 pm »
very true. There isn't a better place on the web to be. The people here are great, and so helpful!
Thanks Steve, and Everybody.

Offline wedo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 09:09:38 pm »
Just adding my amen to the list. Thanks Steve, may you be blessed!
Bill

CNLNC

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 09:34:19 pm »
I am raising my "beverage" in a toast to Steve, this forum, and all the great people here..."CHEERS" ;D

Nicely said Louis!

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 09:42:28 pm »
I can almost picture Steve standing there, head down, hands folded in front of him, kicking the sawdust and saying, "Ah, Shucks...I just did what I thought would help some folks!"

But he did a lot more than that!

And we all thank him profusely for his efforts!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 10:12:06 pm »
I am raising my "beverage" in a toast to Steve, this forum, and all the great people here..."CHEERS" ;D

Nicely said Louis!
My glass is raised to Steve and all here, Cheers! :D
Dan In Southern California

Chachi

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 10:28:49 pm »
I agree I have been here since buying my first saw (that peice of junk)but As I say You are the Man Steve but I was told once that there is more then just Steve here and so now I feel I need to change to You are the Men Steve and Russ without you we all would not have a place to go and "hang out"

So thank you both.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 01:45:31 am »
chapeau for Steve
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Dawie

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 03:11:03 am »
Louis I could not have said it beter. This is the greatest place on the web. I check in several times a day just to see what's happening.
David.

Offline WigWag Workshop

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 09:58:37 am »
It's because of Steve, this website and his videos, that I got started in the hobby.

Steven

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 10:20:58 am »
 :DThis forum has turn an ugly,fat, lonely, pityful old widow women all alone out here in the desolation of the North Dakota prairie into the young, thin, vivacious, scrollsawer extrordinair with the greatest bunch of friends one could ever hope for.   ;)  THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
I'm from North Dakota

SMF

Teknoromi