Author Topic: Time Person of the Year  (Read 535 times)

HWPlmbr1

Time Person of the Year
« on: March 01, 2011, 01:45:20 pm »
Hi folks!
I know some of you have served and some have or had family members serve in our military. I also know we are a pretty patriotic group. All that to lead up to this.

If you look at the bottom I have a wordpress blog. I subscribe to another blog that comes from military families. By reading their blog yesterday I found out that there is a "petition" to get our military families as Time Person of the Year.

You will have to do some clicking but if you go to my blog and click on Off The Base in my blogroll, that will get you to their blog. Then look for, Nominating Military families as Time person of the Year, in the recent posts. There is a link in that blog to get you to another blog with instructions on what to do and do it by March 4.
So if you feel so moved, I hope this is clear enough.
No advertising stuff and nothing to fill out. Just need to send a letter to Time.

I will also just give you the blogs addy's
http://offthebase.wordpress.com
http://likeitfortime.wordpress.com

The last one actually has a form letter you can use.

Thanks Harold

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Time Person of the Year
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 06:02:11 pm »
Great information, we will always support those that have or are serving thw U.S.A.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

marmoh

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 07:25:20 pm »
I was born and raised Air Force.  The families give up what some consider "normal".  You don't make many friends because you know you will be leaving one day and not see them again.  You go to a different school every time you get transferred.  You go overseas and you are expected to follow certain protocol as you are representing America.  Thank God my Dad never had to go to war because everyday you would have wondered if you would get "the call" or the "knock at the door".  Who doesn't shed a tear every time you see a returning Mom or Dad surprise their children by showing up at school, etc.  Look at some of the people that Time has named as Person of the Year and I don't see them actually giving it to many who really deserves it.  Maybe they will recognize the people who really sacrifice for our freedoms.
Please excuse me if I have over stepped the boundaries of the forum....God Bless the USA

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:39:16 pm »
you are okay with me Marion!

All anyone has to do to pick a fight with me is bad rap our military! Beyond that I'm a pretty easy going guy.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 06:44:29 am »
Go Marion.  I was born Air Force, raised Army and married a 20 year Navy man.  Both my stepsons are Marines and my son in law is deployed right now - he's Air Force.  The trials and hardships the families face are huge.  My dad was captured in Korea and served 2 terms in Viet nam as a pilot.  My mother was the bravest person I knew.  She delt with so much while he was gone.

Mainewoods

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 07:59:23 am »
I'm retired Air Force, step-son is currently serving with the Air Force.  Father is former Marine, his 3 brothers all served and retired.  Family has served (and fought) for the USA since the Revolutionary War.  Emigrated from Germany in 1753.  Don't know about service before then!

For those who want to understand further, when you join the military, you are theirs.  You go where and when they tell you to, without the civilian option of saying "I don't want to do that.", or "I quit!".  In essence, you give up a lot of the basic freedoms you have sworn an oath to defend, with your life if need be!

SMF

Teknoromi