Author Topic: house burnt down  (Read 5746 times)

BULL65

house burnt down
« on: February 27, 2011, 11:56:55 pm »
hey everyone, I'm going to be out of woodworking for a while, because just a little over a week ago, my dryer caused my house to be completely gutted by fire!
I went back into the house 2 days after, in the hopes that anything could be salvaged, but nothing of mine survived.
Everything can and WILL be replaced, eventually, all my artwork, tools and such, but the most devastating thing was the loss of my cats.
Rest assured though, I WILL be back, hopefully SOON!!!

CNLNC

Re: house burnt down
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 12:01:41 am »
 :(Very sorry to hear that. I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery. My father lost his entire welding shop a few years back, and it was like someone ripped his heart out. But he recovered, as I am sure you will.

Good luck and God Bless!

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 12:27:37 am »
I am really sorry to hear about your tragedy. 
I'm from North Dakota

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 01:11:50 am »
OH, Bull!

So sorry man! We lost our business back in '64 and i know your loss!

If there is anything...you know the drill!

WE are here for you!!!

Take your time...try to remember everything you lost and replace slowly and carefully!

My prayers are with you ....

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 05:54:44 am »
So very sorry, Bull.  Let us know when you are ready to rebuild your pattern library and shop and see if we can help in any way.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 08:24:32 am »
Sorry to hear that Bull

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 08:37:46 am »
sorry to hear that.
must be difficult to lose everything!
especially living animals who you have loved.
wish you good luck!
hopefully your back soon.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline newtoscroll

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 08:50:04 am »
Millinocket fire victims overwhelmed by town?s generosity
By Nick Sambides Jr., BDN Staff
Posted Feb. 24, 2011, at 4:37 p.m.

MILLINOCKET, Maine ? Mark Bulley says that if you had asked him two weeks ago what he thought of Millinocket residents, he?d have replied that ?they don?t care much about anybody.?

?I really would never have put much stock in most of the people here because they really keep to their own,? Bulley said Wednesday.

But that was before a fire gutted his three-story house at 49 Aroostook Ave. Since that calamitous event, Bulley said, residents have donated hundreds of items to his family, so many that the 45-year-old cabdriver and woodworker has had to return some of the gifts.

?I am overwhelmed,? Bulley said. ?They have been so nice and so generous. We are flooded with it now. I can?t believe the generosity of the town. It is just amazing. They have really come out.?

Hundreds of items of clothing, food, paper goods such as paper towels and toiletries have been donated to the Bulleys, including a guest cottage on East Terrace. Still other items, such as furniture, have been declined due to a lack of storage space, said Mark?s wife, 43-year-old Jean Bulley.

?It?s really humbling. The generosity is just enormous,? she said.

The fire apparently began in a clothing dryer at around 8 p.m. Feb. 17 and swept through the house, killing the family dog and several cats, firefighters said. Jean Bulley suffered smoke inhalation while trying to rescue the family?s pets and was treated at Millinocket Regional Hospital.

The house was not insured.

Family friend Laura Manzo and Crystal Anastos, owner of Serenity Salon and Day Spa on Central Street, have organized the relief efforts and with the aid of a few town civic groups are planning fundraisers to help the Bulleys get back on their feet.

They started a nonperishable food drive for the Bulleys on Wednesday. Anyone interested in donating goods or cash can visit the salon from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays, Anastos said.

?With all the things they have received, you forget about stocking the cabinets with food, so we are starting with that,? Anastos said.

Anastos said she and her husband would pick up items for donation if residents called the salon at 723-5001. A driver for Big MT Cab of Millinocket, Bulley can be reached at 723-2000 if people need rides or want to make donations. Several businesses in town have also set out collection cans and more than $1,000 has been raised, Manzo said.

Manzo encouraged residents to donate to the Bulley family. The family could especially use a storage space in which they could put the furniture they have been offered. Manzo said Millinocket residents commonly come through for one another when tragedy strikes.

?Each and every time something bad happened in my life this town has really pulled through, and I am glad that the same thing is happening for them,? Manzo said of the Bulleys.

Donations can be sent to

Fire Victims - Bulley Family
C/O Katahdin Federal Credit Union
1000 Central Street
Millinocket ME 04462
Telephone: 207-723-9718

Every little bit will help since nothing was insured.  God Bless

Bill P

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 09:12:03 am »
Along with everyone else, I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. 

As Julie said, when you're ready, I can help with patterns.

My thoughts are with you,

Bill

marmoh

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 10:11:12 am »
So sorry for the lose of your precious pets.  Bless your wife for trying to save them.  Remember they will be waiting for you at the "Rainbow Bridge".

Waddawood

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 10:35:39 am »
I am terribly sorry for your personal loss!  I'm glad you have the generosity of those around you and very glad you are okay!

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 10:38:05 am »
So sorry to hear of your terrible tragedy and loss of your cats. Thank God you were not hurt, my prayers are with you so that you will overcome your personal and financial loss.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

Chachi

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 10:54:35 am »
I know all but to well the affects of a fire so My heart and prayers go out to you and your family, just remember the greastest thing was spared in all of this, that is you and your family life can't be replaced......

Offline lwilli

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 12:03:15 pm »
I know that words can't replace what you have lost, but I am truly sorry.

Louis
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935

cameronj

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 12:09:42 pm »
Sorry to hear about the fire and your losses.  WE are all here for you.  I'm glad to hear you and your wife are OK.
Jim

SMF

Teknoromi