Author Topic: To ALL IN THE FORUM  (Read 2523 times)

pokey

To ALL IN THE FORUM
« on: February 18, 2011, 10:14:15 am »
I JUST WANT TO COMPLIMENT STEVE FOR HAVING SUCH A GREAT FORUM, BUT THE FORUM CANNOT BE GREAT WITHOUT FANTASTIC PEOPLE.  I AM NOT VERY ACTIVE AND I APPOLOGIZE FOR THAT BUT I DO WANT TO COMPLIMENT ALL OF YOU FOR BEING SUCH CARING AND HELPFUL PEOPLE.  PAUL, A SPECIAL THANKS TO YOU FOR ALL THE GREAT PATTERNS YOU PRODUCE FOR EVERYONE, AS WELL AS THE OTHER PATTERN MAKERS OUT THERE.  THERE ARE SEVERAL FORUMS OUT THERE, BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT THIS ONE TAKES FIRST PRIZE.  MANY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. 

POKEY

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: To ALL IN THE FORUM
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 10:18:50 am »
Pokey, I'm with you, This forum is where I call home!
Dan In Southern California

Bill P

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 10:22:43 am »
This is the only place I have to go to share my hobby with people who...er...eh...share my hobby.

I love this place!

Bill - the man who's never at a loss for words.

bampasr

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 10:56:49 am »
Pokey you say it the best,I wish I could put thank you into words. It is the best and the best folks. Steve your the man.

cameronj

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 12:21:52 pm »
Well said, Pokey and all.  This forum is the greatest and a real boost to me when I 'm down.
Jim

Rightarm

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 12:24:27 pm »
   Pokey. You will find a lot of great people here. I for one, are proud to call this site home, and everybody here family. Dave 8)

CNLNC

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 12:28:10 pm »
Pokey, you nailed it. I only hope i can contribute to this forum in the future as much as others have. I've learned so much in the short time, and can't wait to expand on it. Thanks to everyone.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 01:41:50 pm »
can only say one thing: ditto!
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Dawie

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 01:44:03 pm »
Well said Pokey.
David

Mainewoods

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 04:36:05 pm »
This place is growing by leaps and bounds!  The outstanding people here are THE reason I come here.  As others have said, there are other forums/sites, but the atmosphere here is unlike any other!

Bill, don't feel bad.  Some people have a way with words, others....um...not have way...I guess?! ::) {old Steve Martin bit}

yankeebum2

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 07:09:40 pm »
Would have gave up this hobby if not for Steve and all outstanding members of this forum.
Steve

Dobbo

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 07:29:57 pm »
Pokey,I am with you 100%,I have found Not only Steve but all the wonderful
Contributors on this Site "which Includes Paul and all the other great Pattern Makers"having by giving me such a Wealth of Knowledge and Information made this Hobby so Great.Have learnt so much in the Short Time that I have been doing Scrollsawing.It certainly has got me Hooked.
So Thankyou to each and everyone of you.
Bill

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 06:57:05 am »
You are right, Pokey.  I start my morining looking at what my "friends" are up to.  I never in a million years thought I would be a part of an online community.  It used to seem very strange to me to call strangers friends but I would miss so many of you guys if I could no longer participate in this forum.  Many thanks to Steve, Russ and all who participate.

Chachi

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 09:56:29 am »
I agree Pokey I have been to many other forums then I found this one so here is very much home to me. Let us not forget people such as yourself Pokey people like yourself that we like to see here the ones who cruise by and read some posts and then say hey I want to post a question and before you know your posting like the rest of us and calling others friends (almost in a family sort of way).

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 10:49:07 am »
To those who have NOT 'surfed' to other forums...Go ahead and take a look around!

And then you will understand why this is HOME to so many of us!

And now the new "Pattern Catalog" is an even greater manifestation of member devotion to this group and each other!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi