Author Topic: Just an idea...  (Read 826 times)

CNLNC

Just an idea...
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:53:27 pm »
Just an idea to help us newbies. I love seeing other scrollers finished projects, and they really inspire me to learn the art. If possible, could people include key information along with their picture of the completed art. Such as, type and thickness of wood, size of blades used, time spent to complete, etc. Some already include some information, but it seems only a few do. I'm sure the more experienced members do not need this information, but it would definetly help out a newbie. If the experienced members could add any other information that would be significant that would help. Maybe they can come up with a standard format of what information to include when posting your "BRAG."

Thanks for all this forum has done already ;D

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Just an idea...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:48:30 pm »
The only problem is the more information or text that is included, the less room for the pictures that may be included. Every time I try to add more information I will get a message saying my file is to large. I find it easier to just be brief with description, add pictures, then let responders ask questions.
Dan In Southern California

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:12:25 pm »
If you resize your pictures to something around 600 x 900 and 300dpi then you will not have the problem of to large a file.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

CNLNC

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 11:17:58 pm »
Didn't know there was a limit on the information you could enter.
Maybe a form could pop up when you go to post your BRAG with the required information requested. I'm not a computer guy, but thought it would be nice to know the information.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 11:20:48 pm »
I like to show as much detail as possible in a picture so I just omit text so I can have as large a picture as I can. I don't care to to use a photo hosting service, so this is how I do it.

CNLNC

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 11:23:03 pm »
I also think that the picture is probably the most important part of the BRAG section. So, if the picture has to suffer because of adding additional info, then I think the info can be passed on another way. No need to ruin the picture of such awesome work.

tux_linux

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 07:47:12 am »
I also like to know what wood is used or what else they did to finish the project. But if I want to know I'll ask.

If someone has to answer to much infos - he'll stop posting his brags.

@ Dan
you can reply to your own thread. This way you can exceed the limitation.

regards
Torsten

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 10:14:41 am »
Yes Torsten, I do that often!

SMF

Teknoromi