Author Topic: Headline News Egypt  (Read 586 times)

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Headline News Egypt
« on: February 11, 2011, 06:25:16 pm »
I don't know how many members have been watching the turmoil in Egypt but Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak stepped down and relinquished power to the nation's military. I hope and pray they are moving towards a democracy as other nations have. Ripples of this news will continue to effect the rest of the world. I think it is fantastic any time any nation takes a step towards democracy.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Headline News Egypt
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 07:10:36 pm »
Been watching CNN and it is exciting what is going on in Egypt!
Dan In Southern California

Becky

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 12:42:36 am »
I've been almost mesmerized by the coverage of the protest movement since it started and have been spending inordinate amounts of time watching CNN.  When I heard the news that Mubarak had left, I was just so happy for them.

And the best thing is that they did it all through peaceful demonsrations.  The didn't need suicide bombers or any of the other extreme things that have become all too common lately.  Maybe, hopefully, others will learn from Egypt's example.

But, for Egypt, this is the beginning and not the end.  I do hope their lives improve and the country does move toward becoming a democracy.  But I'd hate to be the government that tried to mess with those folks if it doesn't!

Dawie

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 04:19:38 am »
I too watched the Egypte transfer. I just read on the net that the people in Algeria are now starting to protest but that extra police and militarty have been set up as the government does not want the protest mars to get to the capital. Is this the next african country to follow suite after Egypt?
All I can say is North Africa is moving politically and the people are standing up for them selves , lets hope that like in Egypt this will go without bloodshed.
David

SMF

Teknoromi