Author Topic: Its clean the workshop day  (Read 3345 times)

Chachi

Re: Its clean the workshop day
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 02:35:12 am »
Hanging head down....Yeah yeah I know I know Julie Thanksssss.

marmoh

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 10:47:49 am »
Chachi.... I'm not the smartest cookie in the batch but aren't you sending mixed signals ?? 

Break down where you do things and leave it that way.......no harm done as it's such a small shop, I know where everything is......
OH NO I lost my jigsaw !!!!!  Had to clean up to find it !!!
Yes I'm happy now  :o :o :o :o

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 12:34:14 pm »
Anybody notice I haven't made a reply to this post yet? My motto is a clean shop is a boring shop or happiness is a messy shop! Nuff said ::)
Dan In Southern California

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 01:50:56 pm »
meet you all in the middle.
I like a clean shop but when working sawdust must  fly.
sometimes l leave my work on the table (or saw) to work with it the next day.
I don't clean up every time then. but then after two weeks I have to dust a little.
otherwise I walk the dust into the house and I ( and my wive) don't like that.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

cameronj

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 04:02:39 pm »
Me too.   I don't do a thorough cleaning often.  I leave things the way they are at the end of cutting for that day, because I usually come back the next day or two to pick up where I left off.  Since I don't work on more than 2 projects at the same time, it's not hard to misplace pieces of them.  I always like to put the power and hand tools away so I know where they are.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 07:47:29 am »
Don't get me wrong, I am not a neat freak by any stretch of the imagination, but I usually clean at the conclusion of a project and start with a clean shop for the next.  I just finished a cedar chest and had to clean before the finish process because the shop was covered with sawdust.  Makes for a speckled finish.  Everything got cleaned and put away so I could spray.  I'll do several little jobs without cleaning, but tools are always put away at the end of the day.  I want to be able to just reach for what I need,  I get frustrated when I have to look around for them.

Chachi

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 11:01:05 am »
Allow me to explain.....I just bought a Cabinet from a friend for the shop well I moved alot of the wifes cra......ummmm stuff around to have the room to put it in there well in that coffusion I lost my Jigsaw..Then the weather got bad here and so I didn't get anything done so I had to clean up the shop and put things away so I could find my jigsaw.

And now I do have areas that are for specfic things (The reason for the cabinet)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 11:07:35 am »
My shop is like many others in that it is a 'living' thing and keeps growing, changing and evolving!

The next few weeks are going to be a serious time for change and re-doing of the whole area so I am sure I will lose a few items but they will eventually float back into view as the shop evolves.

I work, make a mess, and then have to clean and straighten again and every time I find something that I thought I had misplaced. NO I just 'stored' it in a different location so I wouldn't lose it!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 06:24:45 pm »
I try to clean up every day, but don't always make it. I get caught by thinking that I'll be right back to work and not picking up. Like last weekend I thought I was just going to go make lunch and be back to work in half-an-hour, but one thing led to another and I didn't get back to the shop until the next afternoon.
MrsN

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 07:14:46 pm »
 :D Clean Shop, Messy shop,,,   As the old man said "say what ever turns your crank"  ;D    Many great artists are inspired by Chaos. Anyhow that is what I tell my wife.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 01:34:31 am »
Sometimes I use a shopvac, but usually I just open the doors to the alley and fire up the leaf blower.  Makes dusting a "breeze"!

You're my kind of guy! Anything else that blows away you didn't need anyway right?  Oh darn where did that 400 grit sandpaper go? LOL
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Chachi

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 07:59:44 am »
After seeing the write up today for our very own "Scrollgirl" Sheila,
I hand over my crown for ahaving a small shop I had know Idea Sheila.
 Wow My hats off to you and I can see why you like to have such a clean shop lol and congrats on the write up.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 01:30:02 pm »
Thanks so much Chachi!  I didn't know the article was coming out today.  I am really proud of what I get done in my little space and I like to show people that they don't need a big and fancy shop to have a hobby like scroll sawing.  It is really a small investment compared to other woodworking hobbies and as seen here, you can really create beautiful artwork of many different varieties.  Scrollsawing rocks! :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011, 06:36:05 pm »
OK, Fill us in, Where is the article?
Dan In Southern California