Author Topic: Porta Cable Saw  (Read 1012 times)

Offline slotdrag

• View Profile
Porta Cable Saw
« on: February 08, 2011, 10:14:00 pm »
Went to lowes to look at a saw, my dremel saw quit working I had to push the arms to get themto go. Bought the PC 16" varibale speed saw with stand. Man this was an up grade from my crafsman and dremel saws. This saw is quite and smooth. No matter what speed you have the saw on when the power is applied it comes on slow the speeds up. No more pulling the wood out of your hand. Blade changes are fast and easy, And the tension adjustment is great. I have wore several blades out but have not broken one yet. I paid $189. plus tax. They gave a 90 day return to store warranty and a 3 year manufactor warranty. They offered an extended warranty.I passed on it.[Im really happy with this saw. Seems to be a big upgrade.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Porta Cable Saw
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 11:12:25 pm »
Good to hear you like your new saw! This should help folks looking to upgrade their saw!
Dan In Southern California

emtdonald

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 11:24:59 pm »
i have had the porter cable for 8 months and really like it. if you cant afford the dewalt the porter cable is the best way to go.

Mainewoods

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 07:01:26 am »
With ya on that one!  Try adding some weight to the stand (I used two 60# tubes of sand [$4 ea.])  Really dampened the vibration.  Little or none at less than 3/4 speed.  Starts to return above that though.  Have fun and show us what you made with your new saw!!!

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 07:12:29 am »
The thing is have fun and cut some wood. Glad it is working for you.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Bill P

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 07:55:12 am »
I love to read the about excitement and happiness this hobby brings to people.  Thank you for starting my day out with a smile.  :)

Enjoy your saw!

Bill

SMF

Teknoromi