Author Topic: Christmas in February  (Read 1990 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas in February
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 05:50:39 pm »
You sure have that right, Mr MaineWoodsMan!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 06:36:58 pm »
Mainewoods:
You are absolutely correct!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

CNLNC

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 07:18:25 pm »
What a great post, I knew I liked this forum from the moment I found it.

Funny thing, the saw I am using was given to me by my father-in-law. I wasn't really looking to get into scrolling, but one thing led to another, and with his generosity, I found something I really enjoy (even though I'm a beginner) and by the sounds of it, something I will enjoy for a long time coming. Also, without really thinking about it, all the plans I have for scrolling revolve around making something for someone else.

You all have said it better than I can...what a great group of people.

Rightarm

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 07:22:05 pm »
    Gabby. Just to let you know. A buddy gave me my saw. He had bought it at a yard sale for $10. He didn't know what to do with it, and frankly I didn't either! Thats where Steve Good & youtube comes in. I started watching him, (he made scrollsawing look so easy), I thought to myself, I can do that. And the rest is history. The friend that gave me my saw, has a man cave dedicated to his Harley. So for Christmas, I make him Harley stuff. So I guess you can say, it worked out for both of us! If it hadn't been for that saw, I wouldn't have met all the great people here, that I'm proud to call my family. As for scrap pieces of wood, get your hands on some old shipping pallets. Most are made out of hardwoods, and they don't cost anything. If theres anything we can do to help. Don't be afraid to ask. Dave 8)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 08:01:13 pm »
Dave "Rightarm"
Thanks Dave, I got started on the idea by looking at the work of some ladies at the senior center AKA Croaker Club. :D
They make Pine Needle baskets and they look really cool. They use different centers in the bottoms to build around. They make bundles of needles and spiral around the center piece building layer by layer. Do a search for them by name if you are interested in seeing them.
Anyway I thought I could make different centers than they have available, by cutting them out with a scroll saw, I'm not going to reveal what I have in mind someone might beat me to it. LOL
So one thing led to another, and now I'm bitten by the bug, with more grandiose ideas every day, this is a progressive disease!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

SMF

Teknoromi