Author Topic: RE: Nudemen Clock....  (Read 1057 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
RE: Nudemen Clock....
« on: January 24, 2011, 12:15:08 pm »
IF anyone has become 'infected' by visiting that site I am truly sorry.

FYI....

ALL messages and links both incoming and outgoing are scanned for both viruses and malware.
Nothing of any kind was reported originally and I have since checked it three times and nothing has popped up.

As a 'semi-geek' I am acutely aware that this kind of thing can transmit problems and cause serious damage so I am very careful to protect both myself and others from any infections.

Since Russ' warning I have also spent a bit of time tracking the infamous 'clock' on several search engines and have found NO references to any kind of problems being experienced by anyone visiting the site.

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: RE: Nudemen Clock....
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 12:28:47 pm »
When I tried the link it tried to access and scan my computer. I even have an older computer set up just to browse around the web on just for that reason and it tried it with that one too. I just didn't want to take any chances.  Some of our members are not as computer savvy as others. ;)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 01:41:01 pm »
My Malware caught it yesterday but, I ran a scan this AM as per Russ's suggestion anyway. Nothing was found.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

tux_linux

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 02:07:19 pm »
I just checked out the code behind - this is a flash animation using the regular Java Script to get the show started.

If your Flash gets updates at a regular frequency, your firewall may notice the new version of flash on your PC and a plugin requesting access to that "unknown" software.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Refer to Google searching for the "naked men clock".

But sure better to be suspicious than to trust all times.

regards
Torsten

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 04:17:59 pm »
Thanks Torsten!

Glad you verified the code...beyond my capabilities.

So IT IS Safe....

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi