Author Topic: Something to think about!  (Read 507 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Something to think about!
« on: January 22, 2011, 12:58:53 pm »
This excerpt was in my morning mail and it sure made ME stop and think!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>     Our marvelous diversity: These facts and thoughts succinctly describe our country and are ones we should remember as we go through our everyday lives. Although not mentioned, our President is a Protestant.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>     
>     On the Jim Lehrer News Hour, one of the contributors, Mark Shields, shared this observation about the tragedy in Tucson:
>
>     "There was one observation that was made by a friend of mine this week that I just have to pass on to you.  Allen Ginsberg, who is an historian up in Maine, said this week, we saw a white, Catholic, Republican federal judge murdered on his way to greet a Democratic woman, member of Congress, who was his friend and was Jewish. Her life was saved initially by a 20-year-old Mexican-American college student and eventually by a Korean-American combat surgeon.  And then it was all eulogized and explained by an  African-American president. In a tragic event, that's a remarkable statement about our country."
>     In his eulogy, one of the things the President Obama said was that this tragedy reminds us who we are and how we depend on one another.

FOOD for serious thought!

GrayBeard
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Something to think about!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 08:07:14 pm »
This diversity is what make this country great!
Dan In Southern California

SMF

Teknoromi