Author Topic: Strange feeling  (Read 868 times)

malc

Strange feeling
« on: January 09, 2011, 02:43:01 pm »
I have just had to make a reverse cut, i.e. blade in backwards. I needed to cut a small area in a piece of wood longer than my saws throat, couldn't use a spiral as I required a sharp point to the cutout. What a strange feeling to be cutting back to front and right to left! It came out ok but, boy!, the concentration needed was quite something!
Malc

dankc908

Re: Strange feeling
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 02:52:42 pm »
I love to hear about people thinking "outside the box".  I could see this as a useful technique in a variety of situations.  Thanks for sharing!

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 03:54:43 pm »
Hey Malc, I know what you mean, I have had to do this before and it is strange to do!
Dan In Southern California

boxmaker

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 04:19:14 pm »
I have never had to do this yet Malc, but there is a video on Ricks site that shows a little trick to cut sideways on your table. Here is the link: go to video tips. Maybe this will help.

http://www.scrollsaws.com/

Mark

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 07:33:44 pm »
I too have had to do this before maybe twice that I can remember.  It does take a lot of concentration good for you fro getting it done.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 07:28:47 am »
I have never had the need to reverse the blade either. I can imagine the concentration needed.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi