Author Topic: WELL?!?!?!?!?  (Read 1580 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
WELL?!?!?!?!?
« on: December 26, 2010, 11:30:05 am »
Did everyone have a great Christmas?

New Toys?????

My daughter and her hubby sent me a wall-mount ShopVac "Bulldog".
With a 4.5-Horsepower motor, the BullDog is powerful, easily removes soil, crumbs and pet hair, sawdust, etc.
Features 18-Feet cord and heavy duty cartridge filter
Includes 1-1/4-Inch by 25-Foot lock-on hose, 2 1-1/4-Inch extension wands, round brush, crevice tool, gulper nozzle, 12-Inch deluxe floor nozzle, squeegee and brush inserts and tool holder with wall mount bracket

My plan is to completely re-do the garage area to make better use of the space so this will aid in eliminating that roll-around vac that I am always tripping over and trying to find a storage spot for.
While I am at it I think I will eliminate the 788 stand and build one of those neat 'cabinet like' stands we saw pictures of from our friends here. Would like to try "sitting" instead of 'leaning' while I am cutting.

What did YOU get for Christmas?

~~~GrayBeard~~~
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 11:31:59 am by GrayBeard »
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
Re: WELL?!?!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 11:49:34 am »
Four pair of underwear, 2 T-shirts and a Snickers bar.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

chief

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 11:57:58 am »
A 14" Ridgid bandsaw. 

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 12:10:04 pm »
Fantastic!
Lucky You!!!
Glad you were home for the Holiday!

That is one thing I would like to make room for but not sure how.
Maybe not quite that big but sure would like to have one.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 12:23:25 pm »
well GB among some fabulous Gifts, I got a Canon EOS Rebel XS Camera! So once I learn how to use it, I can start taking better pictures of my projects! I also got a fractional dial caliper and a $200 gift card for Woodcraft!
The wife made a wonderful Turkey dinner, A fire in the fireplace, It was a great day!
Dan In Southern California

Rightarm

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 12:39:22 pm »
    New scrollsaw blades, gift cards from Menards, and Harbor Freight.Dave 8)

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 12:44:30 pm »
Wow! 
Looks like I wasn't the only one who got 'shop' stuff in my stocking!

Some nice helpful gifts out there!

Dan...you will enjoy that camera! No Excuses now!!!
You might consider a photography class!!! Very Helpful.

~~~GB~~~

chief

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 12:48:15 pm »
GB my ship is inport for the next year.  I am thinking about retiring in Jan 2012.
We had a good friend over for dinner since his family is in L.A.  Had ham, mashed taters, sweet taters, homemade pecan pie. 

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 01:21:43 pm »
When my stepson went into the Navy he arrived at Pearl the DAY AFTER the ship had been de-commissioned for complete overhaul!
Signed up for a 4 year hitch and spent 3 years at Pearl.
Only time he went to sea during that time was in a buddy's charter fishing boat!

Enjoy your time ashore!

If you have your years in...Take the Money and RUN!

~~~GB~~~

Rightarm

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 02:27:24 pm »
   Dan, I have always wanted A Canon Rebel. Let us know how you like it. Chief, your making me hungry. My wife bought some chipped beef cheese spread. My daughter asked her what kind of meat was in it? I remember my dad making his famous Navy breakfast out of chipped beef, SOS. Dave 8)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 03:23:56 pm »
Hey Dave, So far I love it! It's easy to use and gives you a lot of flexibility, and the ability to change lenses. I don't know a lot about cameras, so this camera makes it easy to get good pictures!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 08:20:14 pm »
New Laptop Computer and Gift Cards. I Needed a new laptop, mine was over five years old. The old one will stay permanently in my shop.
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

sp_343

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 11:09:37 pm »
A few gift cards to Lowes, some clothes and best of all...the LED Work Light with Magnifying head from Rockler.

Once I get done putting toys together for my son and daughter...maybe I can try it out.....

Joesawdust

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 02:47:46 am »
We had a great dinner by ourselves, no family this year, money was a little tight so we just exchanged Christmas cards.

cherie

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 08:01:14 am »
Sounds like everyone had a great time with great gifts, no matter whether or not the celebrated.  My gift from Jaun is the fact that he has moved the drill press and bandsaw into the living room.  Yes, they are in the living room.  We were able to go up yesterday and see baby Cathy, so if anyone is my friend on Face book, you may see photo's of me holding the tiny little gift.  I cooked a very small meal for us on Christmas day, but ruined most of that with tears.
Anyways, no I have 3 more weeks of cutting before I return to the grind of school.
Happy New Year Friends and Family!

SMF

Teknoromi