Author Topic: If it's not the net than my pc dies  (Read 1843 times)

Dawie

If it's not the net than my pc dies
« on: December 13, 2010, 01:38:22 pm »
Hi Guys and Guls,

I've missed you. My internet got sorted and than my pc started playing up rebooting instead of starting. My nephew was so good to rig up his old pc for me this weekend and he fitted some new parts, so at least I have a pc again. He is off on holiday for 3 weeks this thursday, when he gets back he will see if he can salvage my pc or if it's time to save up for a new one.
I hope my pc problems are no over, bet I have missed stacks. Will try and read up soon as there is not much else to do with snow and ice around. Tonight however I need to study my script for the christmas musical we are putting on with the sundayschool kids.
David

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: If it's not the net than my pc dies
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 02:01:05 pm »
sorry to hear all that!

We missed you too!

Too bad you are so far away! I just acquired an old laptop I could let you borrow!

Happy Christmas!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 02:04:41 pm »
Hi Dawie, nice to see you. I know how it is, when a pc strikes. You play in an musical!? Cool, show us the musical on Youtube, it will be funny.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 02:59:52 pm »
Hi Guys and Guls,

I've missed you. My internet got sorted and than my pc started playing up rebooting instead of starting. My nephew was so good to rig up his old pc for me this weekend and he fitted some new parts, so at least I have a pc again. He is off on holiday for 3 weeks this thursday, when he gets back he will see if he can salvage my pc or if it's time to save up for a new one.
I hope my pc problems are no over, bet I have missed stacks. Will try and read up soon as there is not much else to do with snow and ice around. Tonight however I need to study my script for the christmas musical we are putting on with the sundayschool kids.
David

Hello. 

I'm a A+ certified computer tech.  What is going on with your computer. I can tell you what it could be wrong with it or if it is time to save up to get a new one.
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 04:08:36 pm »
Good to see you are still ticking David! I was hoping I would ketch up to you post wise before you came back, but no such luck! ;D Welcome back!
Dan In Southern California

Dawie

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 04:18:25 pm »
Good to see you are still ticking David! I was hoping I would ketch up to you post wise before you came back, but no such luck! ;D Welcome back!

:P So you jinxed my pc ;) dgman
David

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 05:03:32 pm »
Sorry David ::)
Dan In Southern California

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 07:34:04 am »
Glad to hear from you, David.  Hope it all gets running right.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 08:59:36 am »
good to have you back David!
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Dawie

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 09:56:04 am »
Hi Guys and Guls,

David

Hello. 

I'm a A+ certified computer tech.  What is going on with your computer. I can tell you what it could be wrong with it or if it is time to save up to get a new one.

Hi Cyberghost,
I can only describe what I saw happening, my nephew is much better at the jargon etc. Thanks for wanting to help I will try to explain what happened. I had just installed Zootycoon2 and wanted to play, it had hickups. Tried it a couple of times, but than all froze up, rebooted the pc but kept getting the black page where it tells you that something went wrong with starting the pc and that windows will load in ... seconds. It started going in circles, a split second blue screen and back to the same page, would not even start up in safe mode. I switched the pc off , unpluged the power and tried again after about 30 min, same story.
I do remember receiving an email from an unknown source the previous evening which I removed without opening it, just maybe it made my pc sick.
My pc is now disconnected and awaiting my nephews return from his holiday in SA.
I am using his old one, which is slower but at least works.
David

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 03:10:10 pm »
Have him try to get that blue screen to come up it well tell you what is wrong with your computer it well tell you if it is software or a hardware failure.  If you can get the computer to pause on that blue screen of death is what it is call and get it to display and get the error code I can tell you want is wrong and how to get it fix. and get your up and running again.  in the meantime can you tell me the model number and the brand name of your computer. The model number should be somewhere on the computer like on the bottom or in the back of the computer and what windows verison do you have like windows xp  windows vista or windows 7.

Take care...
love to help you out and I think once  you geet me that error code I think you can fix it on your own.
have a good day sir...

SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

SMF

Teknoromi