Author Topic: hey steve i got an idea  (Read 2613 times)

firestarter

hey steve i got an idea
« on: April 19, 2010, 08:27:24 am »
 I've been a member of other sites and have seen other post links to web sites that they use and/or have found to be really useful.  And also how about a category of good ideas for cuttings.

cherie

Re: hey steve i got an idea
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 09:05:33 am »
Thumbs up to that question.

Rightarm

How do I insert a Avitar
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 09:38:34 pm »
    Steve
I'm not computer savay. I know enough to get myself in big trouble. How do I insert a avitar with my screen name? Thanks Dave

ripchief

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 09:58:03 pm »
Firestarter...Steve does provide a collection of useful links...Please see the listing running down the left side of his blog homepage at www.scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com...On that same page, there is also a button that links to a collection of patterns designed by Steve (perhaps this is what you meant by a "category of good ideas for cutting").

This community forum is just one part of something much bigger...Steve runs a "one stop shop"...It's a community forum...It's a pattern catalog/library...It's a collection of helpful videos...It's a monthly live video-steam with live chat...It's the culmination of all things scroll saw.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 01:07:11 pm »
"It's the culmination of all things scroll saw."

I will second that statement!

Now if Steve could only find a way for it to make him RICH and Famous instead of just Famous!!!

~~~Graybeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 08:09:46 pm »
GrayBeard, I like the whole rich concept. Got any ideas.  ;)

EZgoing

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 01:32:19 am »
 :o  Stop giving everything away... 

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 04:07:09 am »
Hi EZ, that's no fun. Everyone sells stuff. It's a whole lot more fun trying to make money giving stuff away. There was a restaurant in Texas if my memory is correct. Business was not good. The young lady that owned the place decided to serve the food and just let the customers decide if and how much they wanted to pay. She put a collection box by the front door. Customers and profit increased significantly.

That's where I want to be. If I do a good enough job on the blog and my readers perceive the value the money comes in.  It's true I won't be getting rich by any stretch but look at all the fun I'm having.

By the way the last I heard the restaurant went out of business after a year or so. :)

EZgoing

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 05:49:21 am »
Steve, I was just being a smart a**...  LOL

I do know that you love to make your patterns for everyone and want to keep things free.. and I for one very much appreciate it.. I have learned so much from you directly, and from the members here on this forum too.. that it would be impossible to put a money value on it all.

I do wish that more members would help you out with more donations than they do.. (I'm guilty myself)..

Even if we were to figure at a rate of a $1.00 for each of your patterns that we download and use.. I think I'd own you my first born..  LOL

I didn't intend to 'hi-jack' this thread.. but in all seriousness, if the members of your email blog group would consider offering a $1 for each pattern they download, I'm sure you would be much better off than you are now.. Heck, many of us pay $5 to $8 for one pattern... and I'm sure many of them are not nearly as good as what Steve GIVES to us every day... (well, almost every day.. LOL).

Bandwidth and server space costs money.. the programs you bought to run the forum and to make the patterns cost money.. your equipment from video cameras to blades for your saws and the saws themselves to your computers all cost money.. Your lumber, your finishing supplies, your time should even cost money..

Other than what few donations come in, and the little advertising he gets from the blog, all of what Steve does for us, comes directly out of his pocket...  (from my understanding anyway).

I realize that many of us are retired, or on disability or such.. and things are REAL TIGHT at home (mine included).. but I suggest that we try to help Steve out as much as we can... when ever we can.. It's not fair that he keeps working his tail off for us, and we don't show some sort of appreciation when ever we can.. ESPECIALLY since this all comes out of his own pocket for OUR benefit..

I may be new to most all of you and not very well known yet.. (maybe not very well liked either.. LOL) but it's the right thing to do.. True???

Had it not been for YOU Steve, I probably would not have kept up with the scroll sawing... and when I think of all the smiles and hugs and thank U's I would have missed out on from all the gifts I have given away so far.. it's enough to break one's heart. 

I for one thank you for being who you are and standing up for what you believe in.. helping others learn all the ins and outs of this craft.. helping us all to be on the receiving end of so many smiles and hugs..

Ok, we now continue with your regular scheduled programming... carry on...

Ez

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 11:52:05 am »
Thanks EZ, There are a lot of kind words there.

SMF

Teknoromi