Author Topic: thank you all  (Read 3096 times)

cherie

thank you all
« on: November 24, 2010, 05:15:04 pm »
I just wanted to thank all my friends from around the world for the kind words and support.  It has been a trying year for us, and it is getting to me.  I have made the decision to drop the Design Arts degree since it has become much harder than I thought and the instructor and I keeping bumping heads.  I would like to finish my English degree and if I do that, I just have one semester left and I can drive to Springfield once a week for that. 
Finances of course are not helping.  Bills are not getting paid and just surviving is difficult.
If anyone remembers the times Jaun and I had the grand kids and the outcome of that after their mother came and picked them up, we are no longer and have not been able to be in contact with them anymore.  Their mother severed those ties and it hurts us.  Our home is quiet and no one here for the holidays.  I do not even feel like decorating and that is bad for me.
What really hurt over that situation is that she had told us that the grand kids had said they hated us.  Our friends and ourselves know that not to be true.  All the photos I had taken of them showed other feelings.  They were true and happy smiles.
Jaun suggested i come home so we could talk and maybe then he can understand why I am having such a problem with school.  I have been crying over this decision and feel alone and like a failure.  I am sorry to bring you all down with me.
Have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving.  Oh yeah, Jaun does want me to cook a small turkey for us, so that makes me feel better.  I always liked cooking holiday meals.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: thank you all
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 05:29:07 pm »
Hey Cherie, It sounds like a tough time you are going through, but just remember you are loved by many people and we are here for you. You can download on us anytime.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and enjoy the turkey!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 06:13:20 pm »
Hey Cherie, My favorite saying is that the world moves on and we have to move with it and make the best of it. I am so sorry you are feeling bad but just try to nremember the happy times and look for all the happy you can find and dwell on that instead of the troubles you have.
I'm from North Dakota

boxmaker

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 06:21:59 pm »
Cherie, I know it is hard to do right now, but stay positive. I don't remember where I heard this, but someone once said, try to be thankful for at least five things each day. It is easier than you think, you have Juan, your health, and Grand kids that you know love you, no matter what someone else said. When you think about what really matters, the rest is all just stuff. Hang in there.

Mark

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 06:30:16 pm »
You know WE love you and will always be here for you!
I have friends in your area and one of these days I am going to deliver these in person!

HUGZZZZZZZZZ

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

grampa

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 07:52:25 pm »
When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, just turn your head sideways  and we will all be there.........Hugs from the UK........Paul
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 07:55:04 pm by grampa »

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 08:13:02 pm »
I don't know what to say, but keep trying. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
MrsN

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 09:01:41 pm »
Grand kids never hate there Nana's there parents may say they do but they lie to save face, you kids will come back when they want something and we always forgive, look after your self and do what you think is best
Regards
Jim [Jimbo]

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 09:19:31 pm »
Hi Cherie, we had a similar situation, my grandaughter had been banned from us by her mother when our son's marrage to her fell apart. The young girl made it right by wanting to be part of our lives and now once again she is in a big way. The Lord has a way reward those who have faith, so hang in there. If He lead you to it, He will lead you through it. Good luck, things will get better:)
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

daneklund

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 11:57:49 pm »
Hang in there Cherie.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.  Hugs from AZ.

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 02:38:38 am »
Hi Cerie, while i could not so good write english, so i join the great majority.
i wish you all the best.

Heiko

malc

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 04:04:19 am »
Hi Cerie, Try to remember 'Footprints', when things are bad HE will carry you and so will we, I will remember you in my prayers.
malc

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 04:06:30 am »
Hang in there my girl, my sister is going through the same thing with her grand children. There mother (her own daughter) saying those horrible things.
As Jimbo has stated kids always love their nanna and poppy's.
Enjoy the holidays and that turkey.
huzzzz from New Zealand.

***Merlin and Mrs Merlin
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 06:54:30 am »
Cherie, I truly believe God never gives us more that we can handle.  (Although, He does push the limit sometimes.)  Focus on what makes you happy and try to do something to make yourself smile every day. 

Rightarm

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 08:15:48 am »
     Cherie. You can never give up hope. Maybe your Instructor is hard on you because, they see something in you that others don't. As far as your grandkids goes. Your daughter is only hurting herself. If worst comes to worst. There are such things as grandparents rights. I know thats the last thing you would want to do is take your daughter to court. But she forced it, you didn't. Keep your head up. And have a Happy Thanksgiving! Love Dave 8)

SMF

Teknoromi