Author Topic: Ornament pricing?  (Read 863 times)

bluelucky

Ornament pricing?
« on: November 18, 2010, 07:53:09 pm »
You all have seen all of the ornaments I have cut out this year...My question is how much should I charge for each one?$5,7,10. 2 for 10..??? I am really bad at pricing my stuff this small. Some had 10 cut outs, some had more, and some had less. I figured this would be the best place to get some input..Thanks in advance.

carlton4143

Re: Ornament pricing?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 11:08:52 pm »
A lot depends where you are selling them and what wood you are using. Here in Fl. I sell my hardwood ornaments for $5.00 - $7.50.
Stack cutting 8 at a time I average $30.00 a hour after deducting my costs.

Carlton  :)

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 06:42:13 am »
Mine go for $4.00 - $12.00.  You know how much time you put it to them and the materials you used.  If there is one that is particularly difficult or beautiful - more $$$.  The simple ones are less. 

cherie

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:03:30 pm »
Like everyone else said, it depends on your wood and what type of ornaments you are selling.  I make 3 dimensional ones and they run from 6.00 to 8.00.  I also figure in the economy and the area I live in.  I cannot put my time into them since I really have no time anymore.  LOL

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 12:43:02 pm »
Cherie,
I looked at your ornaments, and my word you are underselling yourself girl  You do nice work and very inexpensive.  However I understand, what the local economy will bear.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

SMF

Teknoromi