Author Topic: VETERANS HONOR FLIGHT  (Read 1018 times)

supershingler

VETERANS HONOR FLIGHT
« on: November 11, 2010, 02:27:59 pm »
FIRST OFF   HAPPY VETERANS DAY.

i was just going to tell about a  project that South Dakota has been doing for it veterans this year

About once a month, thru private donations and fundraisers, they load up a plane full of veterans and a few support personal and fly them to Washington D. C. to see the war memorials there.

today was really unique as it was the last flight of the year. being 11/11/10 the flight took off from Sioux Falls this morning and landed in Washington, D. C. at 11:11 am this morning.  what a coinceidence.

i want to thank all the vets that have served this country.  my father was a navy vet. i just wish he could have lived long enough to take a flight like this.  he would have really enjoyed it.

well back to work

have a great day everyone.

if anyone want to see mor go to www.keloland.com and read more

kendall
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 02:33:05 pm by supershingler »

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
Re: VETERANS HONOR FLIGHT
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 05:20:39 pm »
I have heard of those, only positive feedback so far, one guy I talked to said it was a very long one day affair but worth every minute  - Pete
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 05:36:49 pm »
What a wonderful gift for those veterans. More states should consider doing this. I am sure allot of our vet's have never toured the capital.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 09:17:25 am »
I think next week they are sending the 7th flight this year from this area.  They will be doing more next year.  It is a moving sight to see pictures of the veterans in DC.
I had lunch at Applebee's on Thur. and was really moved at the reception they gave veterans.  Sure different from my active duty days when we were asked not to wear our uniforms off base.

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:27:13 am »
you must have been in when i was. thanks for serving your country and welcome home

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 11:34:11 am »
Can't imagine 40 yrs. ago hearing someone say, "support our vets" it's a wonderful change!!
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

SMF

Teknoromi