Author Topic: Help  (Read 762 times)

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
Help
« on: November 10, 2010, 06:46:26 am »
I have an HP laserjet printer and for some reason it will not print verbage on PDF documents.  The pictures print fine.  I tried HP but for some reason, their system says it cannot communicate with my printer.  Does anyone have some suggestions?

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 06:58:49 am »
It might be a driver problem. First check all the settings just to make sure everything is right or set everything back to factory settings. If that doesn't work you might want to uninstall the printer and driver. Reboot the computer and reinstall the printer/driver.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline WigWag Workshop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 06:50:49 pm »
What is the model # of the printer, look for a "PS" driver for that model on HP's website. The folks I support, print PDF's 99% of the time and they do not have any issues.  Feel free to send me a private message if you need any help.  I have done a lot of research on this subject,  after the "PS" Driver was implemented, nobody has issues printing PDF's anymore.

Steven
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:54:34 pm by Wisconsin Railfan »

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 04:19:08 am »
I had a similar problem with a lexmark Z52 about a year ago.
I renewed the driver, no result.
I think that my problem occurred after I installed a freeware pdf creater/editor program. which I removed also.
Finlay I removed/installed adobe reader 9 (i don't no anymore if I only did acrobat reader or also more adobe products)

problem solved
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

SMF

Teknoromi