Author Topic: WoodCraft 'email' Flyer!  (Read 2059 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
WoodCraft 'email' Flyer!
« on: November 05, 2010, 01:23:56 pm »
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: WoodCraft 'email' Flyer!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 12:38:21 am »
Order 2 bundles and shipping is free. Now that's a good deal so long as there is not too much 3/4" plywood in there.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 12:46:55 am »
I am going by there over the weekend and take a look.

I have a WC store not too far away.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 06:23:58 am »
I showed up the first day of the sale.  My WC didn't have them and did not plan on ordering them.  Same with the rolling tool cart bases.  They haven't had what I went there for out of the flyer for the last 3 months and have never offered to order anything for me.  I drive about an hour to get there and am getting tired of being disappointed when I get there.  I give up on Wood Craft.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 06:36:17 am »
I have only been to WC once. It is about an hours drive for me to. They didn't have the item in the flyer either. Won't go back or order from them.  :(
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 06:43:30 am »
I looked around the store for the ply bundle and couldn't find it.  Waited in line to ask where it was.  Told the didn't have it and weren't going to order any.  I wouldn't mind if they had just run out but their attitude was bad.  I picked up four bases for my stationary tools.  Waited 15 minutes to get to the register and the guy says " I bet you thought those were the ones on sale."  Needless to say, he kept the bases.  I did find a simular one at Harbor freight for $12.00 less that their sale price.  The weight capacity is a little less but well within what I need.

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 11:00:58 am »
maybe they need to move their stores to taiwan and see how well they do over there

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 11:01:32 am »
It must be a "franchise" situation. The one here in the St. Louis area is about 4 miles from a very large Rockler store and is rather accommodating with knowledgeable and helpful people. The owner was the one I negotiated with for my 788 and came very close to the Grizzly price and I had no shipping so it was a good deal for me.

When I got the flyer I went online to my store's website and checked the 'quantity in stock' and they had two so I ordered one and they are holding it for me. When I pick it up tomorrow I will let you know the details of the 'bundle'.

We have a very good place here called 'St. Charles Hardwoods' that is super well stocked and very well staffed. The problem is if you are not ordering several hundred dollars worth of custom stuff they tend to treat you like you wandered in and thought you were in Wal~Mart! All their prices are very high because virtually everything has to be prepared from their larger pieces in stock and has to be cut and milled.

~~~GB~~~

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Woodcraft 'email' Flyer!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 11:17:56 am »
I feel the same as GB. The Woodcraft store in Ventura, Ca. is well stocked and employ very knowledgeable and courteous people. They also make every attempt to stock what is on the flyer.
A few months back the owner asked me about a particular scroll saw that was to be featured in the flyer. He was bringing in a couple of them for the sale but wanted to know if he should keep them in stock after the sale. After checking it out, I told him no! It was a POC!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 12:43:22 pm »
Might be a franchise situation, but this costumer doesn't care. They (WC) lost my business and I plan on letting others know.   >:(

ups34

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 06:13:52 pm »
We have 2 great stores. One in Maryland and the other in Leesburg. Both full of stock and the knowledge of the people is outstanding. I just bought a new Saw Stop table saw from them.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 07:13:14 pm »
Last month was about the same as this month.  They were out of what I went for in the flyer.  I wanted to know about their planers and drum sanders and the best they would do is pull out the catalogs for me to read.

Offline wedo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 08:37:07 pm »
I was to my closest WC on Thursday looking at the BB ply. Most of the weight was in the 3/4" with several pieces of 1/8" thrown in. I passed on that but did pick up some items I "needed". I've found them to be helpful and willing to discuss and advise.
Bill

carlton4143

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 08:46:06 pm »
30lbs will come under excess weight. You won't be able to get free shiping.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 06:43:04 am »
It figures they would load it down with 3/4".  ::)

SMF

Teknoromi