Author Topic: GrayBeard  (Read 627 times)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
GrayBeard
« on: November 02, 2010, 11:01:41 pm »
Hey GB, How was it working at the polls?
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: GrayBeard
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 11:11:22 pm »
It was 'interesting' to say the least!

2 women supervisors...One who didn't want to lift a finger or answer a question and one who was so 'hyper' I took her out for a glass of wine on the way home just to get her 'calmed down'!
Over 50% turnout!
Every voter was interested, attentive, cooperative and best of all Cheerful! We even had to do several "curbside votes" which really messes things up in the lines but everybody cooperated!

All in all it was a very long day but overall pleasant!
Polling place was a large Church and the Pastor went out and brought lots of donuts and kept us in coffee all day. I have a friend in the Election Board Office who will be getting my evaluation of the two supervisors.

$130 worth of wood and supplies for the day so not too bad!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 11:41:54 pm »
Your a good man GB!
Dan In Southern California

Dawie

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 06:26:21 am »
Nice to hear you had a good day, so it seems like you needed to hold the fort, between ms mute and ms hyper. Good for you GB.
David

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 07:04:16 am »
I have thought about becoming a poll worker. Think I will call the Supervisor of Elections Office and inquire.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 01:35:34 pm »
Do it Russ...
They are always looking for 'good' workers and after you do a few elections you will likely be put on the track to become a 'poll' supervisor and then you can go on to be a 'roving supervisor', etc. and up the ladder.
This was my first election and I had to go to two training sessions that are basically just learning what the laws and procedures are.
You always have the 'force of law' behind you if you follow the rules!
You MUST declare your party affiliation since every position has to be worked in 'pairs', one from each party to maintain impartiality.
Here in our area the Elections staff always try to keep the workers either in their 'home' precinct or assign you to one not to distant from your home.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi