Author Topic: Sand-flee  (Read 3177 times)

boxmaker

Re: Sand-flee
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 09:45:32 pm »
I agree Dgman, maybe we could get a review from  hackergranny after using it for awhile.

Mark

hackergranny

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 10:20:15 pm »
Well I know we had to install the motor on it and it is one heavy bugger. Easy to set the level of the drum.  Stand I got was verry sturdy and large. I have the mandrel in a vice it is the 6 inch double mop and I am loading it up. In a few days I will start running some hard wood against the mop to soften it down. I think We will install some locking wheels on it. We had it in the hallway as They just tore the ceiling out of our garage to fix a leak. Yuck what a mess that was. I should be able to move it into the garage this weekend I hope. I can hardly wait to get started. It is so quite when turned on. So far think I am gonna love it.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 09:14:56 am »
If you can build things from plans here is a solution

http://www.stockroomsupply.ca/shop/drum-sanders.html?SID=ce83f85fa651f951b306b529cab9d039  Every thing you need to build a sandflea type sander your self at a good savings... IF you have the motor and are willing to construct the thing.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 09:08:00 pm »
i would like to know how it works on resawn wood. thanks

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 09:19:25 pm »
If you can build things from plans here is a solution

http://www.stockroomsupply.ca/shop/drum-sanders.html?SID=ce83f85fa651f951b306b529cab9d039  Every thing you need to build a sandflea type sander your self at a good savings... IF you have the motor and are willing to construct the thing.

DW
This is fine for those that have a lot of time on their hands. I work full time and have only the weekends to work. The last thing I want to do is make tools!
Dan In Southern California

hackergranny

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 11:02:35 pm »
Dan if anyone adds up the true cost to make it its not that much of a savings and does not have the mop attachment. Besides I love this shiny new toy I did not have to build yep I think it is worth the money to me. Today there is no ceiling in my garage they ripped all of it out tomorrow they will get the decking and ceiling back on it. I went out into it and just looked up into the sky I made the guy laugh he says don't worry we are not leaving it like that. I told him if they did I would think the whole darn bunch of them were 3 french frys short of a happy meal and that I would beat to death before they could drive away he cracked up.

hackergranny

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 11:03:31 pm »
Correction
beat them.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 11:50:52 pm »
Sandy, lets hope they get it done tomorrow, it's suppose to rain tomorrow night thru Saturday!
Dan In Southern California

Offline tinker1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 07:16:20 am »
Something you may also want to consider before buying sander is the price of velcro sand paper for it.
(seems like anytime you hear the word velcro price goes up)lol
found this site:
http://www.onlineindustrialsupply.com/holosaro.html

SMF

Teknoromi