Author Topic: Pipes & Drums  (Read 637 times)

Rightarm

Pipes & Drums
« on: October 22, 2010, 12:52:27 pm »
    Our Department has started a Pipes & Drums Corp. I 'm helping them get started, with donations from some of my venders. They totally depend on raffles, donations things like that to get them started. The guys are buying their own instruments, and I try to outfit a least one at the end of the year, depends on how much money is left. They are having a raffle sometime in January. I told them I would donate a couple of things to help make some money. I could make the FF mini-clocks, or try something new, I don't know yet. But to say the least, these guys are putting their best foot foward, and making an attempt to start a good thing. I went to their first meeting/practice, and let me tell you. Bagpipes & drums send cold chills up my spine. Pretty cool. Dave 8) 8)

kp91

Re: Pipes & Drums
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 01:23:24 pm »
Dave,

I wish your guys luck with their raffle.  WAY back when I was a lowly, trombone playing Midshipman at the Academy, our band would play with the Nassau County Police Department Pipe and Drum corps, and it was awesome.  When we accompanied them on 'Amazing Grace' it was hard not to feel a chill up your spine. 

Even though a lot of times we performed with them were not for happy occasions, I have great memories of the them.

It took a while to get used to the guy marching in front of you carrying a side arm....

Please give them my best, and thank you for donating your talent to a worthy cause. 

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 09:27:58 pm »
We have a Pipe and Drum corps made up from members of different local Fire Departments. They have been together for years. Some members are retired but continue to play.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 10:58:58 pm »
Hey Dave, I'm not a "pipe" fan, but I appreciate the cause! I would be willing to donate a scrollsawn project for your cause! I always have something tucked away for these types of things! Let me know where to send it.
Dan In Southern California

Rightarm

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 10:54:21 am »
    Thanks guys. dg, I'll find out when they will be having it, and I'll let you know. Thanks for your offer. Dave 8)

SMF

Teknoromi