Author Topic: question about ofen pulls  (Read 826 times)

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
question about ofen pulls
« on: October 18, 2010, 04:11:45 pm »
I have a question about ofen pulls. Many of you made ofen pulls. Had every one of you ofen pulls? I ask my friends about pulls and they all looks  :o and ask me what is it. Nobody who i ask, know ofen pulls. Is that real an kitchen devise?

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: question about ofen pulls
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 05:47:35 pm »
They were used in this country by the pioneer women who cooked on old fashioned wood stoves.

YES they are a real item but the younger generations seem to have never seen them.
In the past when everything was cooked in heavy cast iron pots and baking pans the racks were much harder to pull out and push back in!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 02:20:27 am »
Heiko, it is oven pulls we down under refer to them as oven tray tools, they are for pulling a hot tray from the oven to see if the pan holding the food is cooked, it is instead of using and oven cloth
Jimbo

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 08:02:31 am »
The ones I make are for pulling and pushing the racks in and out of the oven.  It is a novelty item and when people find out what they are, they need one.  It's all about the marketing.  I bought one at a craft show probably 25 years ago.  I rarely use it for the oven but it has looked good on my kitchen wall for years.

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 01:02:14 pm »
Thank's for answer my question.

SMF

Teknoromi