Author Topic: A story to Tell  (Read 1786 times)

pokey

A story to Tell
« on: October 08, 2010, 09:56:49 am »
Hi folks and good morning.

I want to share a story with you that I fel should be told. A little over a year ago I met a wonderful man that I did marry. He brought God into my life and my life has changed so much.  My only regret is that I didn't turn my life over to Him years ago. Larry and I want to move from this area so we found a place that we fell in love with but didn't know if we were doing the right thing.  I put it into Gods hands and the offer was accepted.Now, I needed to sell my property to be able to buy the place we wanted. Yesterday the neighboring rancher came down and we made a deal at the kitchen table. I didn't even get it listed. That verifies to me that God wants us to be there.  It is a place of my dreams and God let it happen.  I have never asked him for the place  He knows what we want. Through the grace of God I have been able to forgive all my adversaries and have mended all the bridges. I have never been more  at peace with my life no matter what happens.  I thank God for everthing that happens good or bad. He always tests us and I only hope that I can be strong enough to pass those tests.  Without Him in my life I lived under stress and was not a very nice person.  Things are so different now that my wish for anyone who has never asked God to come into their life that they do so and realize that by changing life will be far better.  I don't mean to preach but I wanted to tell this one story.  There have been many.  God bless you all and thank Steve for such a wonderful sight. Pokey

HWPlmbr1

Re: A story to Tell
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 12:06:10 pm »
Well said Pokey, I am right with you! God Bless!

kp91

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 12:49:23 pm »
It's a great story, and thanks for having the courage to share it.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 01:19:44 pm »
the great thing of God is that we all have our own story on how we found God.
or should I say how God found us?
but how different our story's, we all have the same future, due to work of Jesus and the grace of God!
thanks for sharing you story.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

pokey

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 05:21:51 pm »
Thanks folks.  Truly God does make miracles and I am very happy to read your remarks.  After all, He is the only thing that matters and where else do you have a companion 24 7 that is watching over and guiding you, if you are only willing to listen.

Pokey

northie66

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 05:55:35 pm »
Without God, we are nothing.  Yet faith for me is a constant struggle.  I'm a seeker.  I like answers.  I naturally question everything.

I find most of my answers... except the alien one.

I'm glad Pokey, that you have faith, health, love and happiness in your life... and companionship... in God and in your husband.

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 06:17:21 pm »
Very encouraging story in your life Pokey.

It's nice to know you've found The Way, The Truth and The Life.

No Jesus, no peace.
Know Jesus, know peace.

Karl

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 06:27:10 pm »
YOU now have the BEST FRIEND anyone could wish for!

You are a very lucky person!

No matter what else happens in your life do not doubt HIS Friendship!

Without HIM we are nothing!

Bless You!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

stephenD

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 06:46:25 pm »
I sure agree with all the comments made above. 
I am undone without HIM.

pokey

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 07:39:09 pm »
I am thrilled with the comments coming into this site.  I think we should all share our faith.  That is what the bible says and what we are supposed to do. God bless you ALL!!!

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 12:55:59 pm »
I love the story but wouldn't that be better suited to the "Coffee Shop"?
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

pokey

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 02:16:57 pm »

Sorry, didn't mean to post wrong or offend.  Don't post much and am not really online much.  Guess I better not post anymore in case it is in the wrong place.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 04:00:43 pm »
You didn't offend anyone in any way. We have allot of new people on the forum who posts things that really should be in another category. General Scroll Saw Talk is really for wood working and scroll saw posts. The Coffee Shop is for off topic chat and posts. It is really no big deal so don't let it bother you. I can move it if you like.  8)

Oh and I enjoyed you story to.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

pokey

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 05:51:42 pm »
Russ,

Feel fre tomove it, or for that matter, you could just delete it.  I am sure that anyone that was going to read it has and I wouldn't have a problem with that at all. 

Thanks...

I will be more careful if I post and think a little more about where it should post..Thanks again.

northie66

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 06:11:15 pm »
I think it belongs here... afterall, Jesus was a carpenter.   ;) ;D

SMF

Teknoromi