Author Topic: Different type of question..Off Topic a bit.  (Read 1076 times)

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Different type of question..Off Topic a bit.
« on: September 29, 2010, 11:54:05 am »
I've noticed lately more and more little icons showing up under peoples names.  where is the legend for what they mean?

I see a guy walking, I know on other forums it is some sort of messenger, the smilie face I think is Yahoo Im, I just found out recently the globe is for their website.  What are some of the others that are there and their meaning and what others might suddenly appear?
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Different type of question..Off Topic a bit.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 04:53:16 pm »
Hey Dunk, If you run your cursor over the icons a small pop up will come up and tell you what it is!
Dan In Southern California

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 07:11:51 pm »
Thanks, I was aware of that but that only works on all of them if the person is online.  Some must be inactive if they are not logged in.  I appreciate the feedback though.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:17:48 pm »
There is no legend for the icons and I am not sure how many types there are either.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 09:57:56 pm »
OK Dunk, If you go to your profile you will see a list of services you may subscribe to like Aim, MSN, Yahoo Instant Messenger, You own web site, and something called ICQ. All these items have there own Icons that you see on the posters window. Also there is a green dot which indicates if the poster is online or not.
When I signed up here in April  there where several icons displayed that I didn't subscribe to, so I checked my profile and for some reason my email address was displayed on all The lines, so I had a full course of icons. I removed them and now only have the three icons.
Dan In Southern California

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 11:38:10 am »
@dgman,

Thanks again I poked around a little last night and did some clicking and made up some stuff and found exactly what you described.  Thanks for the input.  I never did find a legend but learned what each one looks like as the mouse over ( as told by you earlier)reveals what they are for.
Mike

SMF

Teknoromi