Author Topic: Talent  (Read 2546 times)

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
Talent
« on: September 29, 2010, 02:46:09 am »
There is so many talented members of this forum and I feel so privileged to be able to say I am friends with most of them I only wish I had the same talent as these new found friends of mine I was looking at Judy Hunter's web site and the variety of arts that this young lady has is astounding, there is many more members that have the same talents and I thank you all for sharing your talents
Jimbo

northie66

Re: Talent
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 05:41:32 am »
Aww that was sweet Jimbo. I'll have to check out Judys site!

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 05:52:51 am »
One day, when the weather was bad, I went to the member list and clicked on several of the members web sites.  You got that right, Jimbo, there are a lot of very talented people out there.  Now and then, I'll click on the globe on one of their comments just to see what they are all about.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 07:11:14 am »
We do have a variety of talented people from all over the world on this forum. I enjoy being a member and having so many forum friends.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 10:08:51 am »
Would it not be very interesting to have a "Bio" section where we could all list the various talents and backgrounds and hobbies that we are or have been involved in?

But then again many are even too shy to include in their profiles what part of the world in which they reside.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 10:18:35 am »
*Ah Shucks Jimbo  twernt nuttin*.
But thank you for the kind words.
I am finding life worth living again since I found all the  new friends here on the forum.
And I do mean that literally. 
I'm from North Dakota

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 02:24:20 pm »
A bio section would be great GB but there would not be much I could rite about my artistic talents as there is none
Jimbo

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 04:04:24 pm »
I agree I could not lend anything artistic to a Bio section.  I can't draw a straight line with a ruler and do not have an artistic eye.  I can however follow a line on a pattern that is why I depend on and admire all the great pattern designers who share so freely of their talent, on this forum and several others.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 04:46:28 pm »
Yeah I'm with dunk. People often say how artistic they think I am when they see some of my work. I have to say I'm not artistic, I'm crafty! I might be able to change a pattern to suite my needs but I certainly can't draw one!
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 05:38:23 pm »
Dan....Finally ADMITS he is "crafty"!

We all thought you were pretty "crafty" all along!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

boxmaker

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 06:05:16 pm »
I have scrolled for about 2 years now and when I see some of the work done by people on this forum I have a long way to go.

Mark

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 06:06:28 pm »
Hi, I'm Dan and I'm crafty!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:43:19 pm by dgman »
Dan In Southern California

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 07:16:57 pm »
what i find most intriguing about this site is i never feel over-whelmed but the over-whelming artistic talent I have to draw from (i think that came out right?) :) ;) :D ;D :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-*
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 10:05:37 pm »
Yes and when you start a craft late you never catch up to the the ones that have been going for years
But when we have been going for years we may be able to pass on our knowledge
Jimbo

Becky

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 11:30:21 pm »
Yep.  I've only been scrolling for less than a year and the things I see here often just blow my mind.  But they also encourage me to keep at it and keep improving.  It gives me a vision of my potential if I keep working at it.  I make many things and give them away to people who love them but they are all practice.  Sure, I feel pride when I make something good or even just some progess but I also see how much more is possible because of the things I see here.  The site is a great source of motivation for me.

But most of all, the combined wisdom and experience of the users here is a gift beyond price.  I can't begin to assess how much I have learned here.  I don't know if I am progressing normally, faster or slower than average but I do know I am going a lot faster than I would ever have on my own. 

The vision of potential combined with the willingness of people to help me get there makes this a special place indeed.

SMF

Teknoromi