Author Topic: My Membership Just Got Renewed to "The Idiots Club"  (Read 2778 times)

Dawie

Re: My Membership Just Got Renewed to "The Idiots Club"
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 02:33:45 pm »
I tend to do that too Hatter, but I also found that a magnifying glass helps me figure out the smaller blades, don't know if that would be an option for you?
David

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 04:17:02 pm »
Possibly a life membership for that club Sheila, that must be a record, But we will all fore give you
Jimbo

Offline Leldon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 02:33:56 am »
Sheila, Sheila, Sheila,

I can't believe you made it through all 12 of them without noticing that! LOL  Not saying I haven't done it before or anything!  Just tonight actually I was cutting out a frame designed by you that I installed the blade in wrong!  After cutting out the fret I could tell it was pulling to the left and not right so I checked and it was sure enough installed upside down! LOL 

Leldon

Dawie

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 05:44:02 am »
Is this contagious? :P
David

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 06:43:11 am »
I have only did it once. I use my magnifying lamp to check before I install the blade.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 08:16:34 am »
I never put the blade in upside down, but on occasion I have noticed the saw needed to be rotated in relation to the blade.  I couldn't count the number of "dumb" mistakes over the years.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

northie66

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 08:22:10 am »
HAHAHA Bill!  Good one!

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 08:29:52 am »
Well, I appreciate all the support from my fellow club members! :)  I guess we all have our moments, don't we?  I enjoyed hearing your stories on this and also the post of last week.  It seems like most of us have "been there and done that". 

I didn't mind sharing even though I know you would all give me heck because as long as no one gets hurt, it IS funny.  I just couldn't believe I got through the entire project. 

It is good to laugh at yourself sometimes. It is even better to have good friend who understand to laugh with us.  Thanks all for your stories and (ahem) support!

Sheila :D
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2010, 10:47:11 am »
It's nice to know you are human, as we all are.  It's also nice to know you do actually cut your own designs to ensure they are cuttable.  I had a heck of a time trying to cut a project yesterday.  The blade was in back wards...
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2010, 10:54:06 am »
I always like to cut my own designs first. I have had some very generous offers from friends that I do trust to test cut them for me, but I like to do it myself.  I then can go right to the computer if there is an error or an adjustment to the pattern and the problem is fixed right away.  I don't want everyone to feel like a guinea pig.

I know this takes longer and I don't crank out as many designs as others do, but at least I know first hand where the difficult areas may be so I am better able to answer questions and stuff about them.  Also it helps keep up and improve my own skills.  I love every aspect of designing, but it seems that sometimes I am at the computer more than the saw.  I love to get back to it and see the designs come to life.  That is one of the best parts of what I do!  

(Besides, then I don't forget which way the blade goes!)

Sheila ;)
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

SMF

Teknoromi