Author Topic: What happened to Charlie D?  (Read 1683 times)

northie66

What happened to Charlie D?
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:00:02 pm »
Haven't seen him in an awful long time.  He ok?

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Charlie D?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:37:47 pm »
Charlie seems to have left us 'hi and dri'!

Dropped several of us from FaceBook (among other things) and seems to want no more to do with us!

His loss, NOT ours!

I seem to remember something about "burning bridges"!!!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Rightarm

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 12:54:06 am »
    WOW! I kind of like the dude. It seemed to me that he would get depressed, and drop off the face of the earth. It makes you feel kind of hopeless. It seemed that he would get on here to tell everbody that he was down and out, and it was the end of the world for him. Everbody that cared would respond, trying to help him out. But he would have no part of it. I'm sorry that he is struggling. We all are, to some point. I told him about a big festible thats coming up in October here in IN. But his response was, " I don't have the money for gas to get there". Well hell! I would have sent him money to get here! Would have put him up for 2 weeks. But I guess it's easier to sit around and mope. Charlie if you read this, I really wish you the best. But their is nobody that can save a man from himself...nobody! One more thing and I'll get off my soap box. Something I have learned from being a Firefighter, is that no matter how bad you think you got it.....theres always somebody that has it worst! Their are so many people on this site that cares about you. You don't see that very often in todays world. I wish you all the best. Dave

Dawie

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 01:46:17 am »
I had been wondering, but then thought he must have left us. It's a pity he did not pick up on the support, but we all have to make our own choices and if this is his I do regret it but respect it. I do hope he finds a way out of his depressions, but as Dave said that is something he has to do himself. Charlie like Dave if you read this I am with what Dave said.
David

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 08:21:35 am »
For whatever reason, Charles periodically drops off the radar screen.  I know he is alive and well.  He sold some pieces to a mutual friend recently.  My friend says this is not uncommon.

ChaplainRon

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 08:45:34 am »
When someone is as talented and gifted as Charlie is so many people want to get close and draw from him. He has been doing this for a long time and probably feels that this kind of forum sucks too much energy from him.

I am thankful that there are many talented scrollers on here that have lots of energy and are energized by answering questions and posting on all the threads. It just seems to me that perhaps Charlie needs time to pull away and recharge.

I hope he comes back when he is ready because I am inspired by his work.

Ron

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 11:18:55 am »
I thank Charlie for all that he did for us on this forum. He  is a very talented man that I will miss dearly.
Charlie, I wish you well, Do what you have to do!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 12:29:50 pm »
didn't know Charlie but, (no Janet, no nice talk  8) )  I do know what a depression can do with you.
I had one about a year ago. (this was my reason of starting with scrolling ;D)
so if Ron mentioned energy and GB say something like "burning bridges" I recognize both feelings.
A depression paralyzes you completely.  you don't even care what others think or say (about you).
people start to avoid you and say "call me when I can come or help". reality is that you don't call someone to say please come or help me.
so after a while you feel that everyone has let you down. you get more depressed and i think that's the time when you start burning bridges.

lets hope that Charlie, and anyone else out there who's more or less depressed could find there way back to reality and get there life back on the track!
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 01:50:06 pm »
I agree Marcellarius. After talking to several people who know Charles personally, I changed my mind and have a better understanding. This is something he has been battling for sometime. He really cannot help what depression does to him and there are other circumstances involved. He needs our support now more than ever. Lets not judge until we have walked a mile in his shoes. I think we need to have a little more compassion.  :)

« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 02:02:41 pm by Russ[C] »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 01:52:52 pm »
Thanks Russ!
Dan In Southern California

Dawie

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 02:40:41 pm »
Thanks Marcel and Russ.
David

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 03:57:59 pm »
Shouldn't shun your friends when you are depressed or what ever that is what they are there for, best of luck Charlie hope we see you back soon
Jimbo

boxmaker

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 06:10:21 pm »
Depression is a disease, a very misunderstood disease. It also has a stigma attached to it that as a society we just can't seem to shed. I understand what Charlie is going through, I had a good friend of mine who suffered from depression, at work he would be talking to me, then he would just walk away in the middle of conversation. Later when he was being treated with Meds he told me about his Depression, and told me when he walked away when we were talking he had the urge to just cry and couldn't stop himself, and was to embarrassed to tell me. I hope that somehow Charlie can,and will get the help he needs. Charlie take as long as you like we will always be here.

A.F.A. Mark
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 06:59:13 pm by boxmaker »

cherie

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 11:02:53 am »
And if I might add, the medication for depression is not cheap by any means.  I know this,  since too am depressed, but take medication to keep it in check.  My family and friends always know when I run out, and no matter how hard I struggle to keep it in line, it gets out of control and I too put myself away from those that care.
Once a depressed person has it in their mind that even their friends and family do not care, it is difficult for anyone to help them.
I go through spells at least 3 or 4 times a year, and you can ask Jaun, he doesn't know what to do.  When ya can't afford your medication, you cannot afford to go to the doc's.

northie66

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 01:48:27 pm »
How was it determined that Charlie is depressed?  Did I miss something here?

SMF

Teknoromi