Author Topic: NZ shaker  (Read 1004 times)

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
NZ shaker
« on: September 04, 2010, 02:05:08 am »
Once again guys thanks for the concern for all in NZ, the quake was the biggest we have had for many years and to have the epicenter in the middle of the 4th largest city is not the best, the pics shown on TV, only show a small part of what is going on, many buildings in the city have been destroyed and thousands of homes have been damaged, the only good thing so far is that there have been no deaths, lots of serious injuries, there is a state of emergency and police and army are being called in to keep an eye on things.
One of the major problems is the city is situated on sand and silt and the quake has brought up sand and silt onto the roads covering holes and cavities plus man holes that have blown off, at 3pm there had been 21 after shocks up to 7 on the scale and they expect more to follow, damages is in the mil$$ and will take time to sort. I am sure that all NZ is in their prayers tonight and that the weather is kind them in the next few days
Jimbo

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: NZ shaker
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:53:29 am »
Thanks for the update jimbo. I am just glad all our NZ friends are safe and sound.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

ChaplainRon

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 07:56:02 am »
Experienced some big ones in Japan. Glad you are ok.

daneklund

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 02:53:34 pm »
Thanks for the update Jimbo.  Thoughts and prayers are with those there.

Dawie

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 04:11:12 pm »
Jimbo thanks for keeping us informed. Know I am praying for all those in the area and I will pray especially that the weather holds and the predicted storm(saw that on tv news here) that's coming that way will by pass NZ or just die at sea.
David

northie66

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 06:52:40 pm »
Thanks for the update.  Glad to hear you're ok.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 07:43:44 am »
let's hope that there will be no more shakes! And that the weather will do no damage.
enjoy the weekend as much as possible!

Marcel
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

SMF

Teknoromi