Author Topic: Slow  (Read 1009 times)

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
Slow
« on: August 31, 2010, 03:13:30 am »
where is every one? is it because the site is slow? it seems to be getting worse, it is normally good at this time of night in NZ but it painful tonight and I am the only one on at moment
Jimbo

ChaplainRon

Re: Slow
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 04:42:42 am »
Just busy with life. I find the site fast at about 4:30am before going to work.

Ron

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:58:22 am »
Hey Jimbo, It is so slow here that I don't have time to read every post anymore or respond to posts that I do read. I hope things will get faster soon!
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 10:06:36 am »
I was surprised that it was very, very slow between 3:00 and 4:00 a.m. this morning here in the Midwest USA!!!
Maybe some big user was transferring a lot of very big files....

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 11:01:29 am »
It started yesterday afternoon right after 12:00 EST for me. It took me anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes to read a post. I see it is still slow. I checked it several times and it is not the amount of people on the forum. For almost 20 minutes I was the only one on the forum and it was still slow. Steve did say the forum was on a shared server. If the combined traffic from all these site gets to high then speed suffers. Slow forum is better than no forum.  ;)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 11:08:36 am »
I think we all are conscious of the SPEED variations and those of us 'into' computers sometimes wonder if it our machine that is slowing down and not necessarily the group.
Using a "tabbed" browser configuration allows me to have instant access to other sites and I always jump between the Forum and another site i know is fast to check my 'puter.

Well said Russ...."A Slow Forum is so much better than NO Forum!"

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Dawie

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 12:38:46 pm »
Slow is good! We rush around enough :P. So just relax, have a cuppa or a beer catch up on some reading, play with the cat, eat a sandwich the site will load and you will get to read it and post a reply.
I'm with GB and Russ.
David

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 01:52:35 pm »
No Joke!!
Last night I was sanding a small project while I was waiting for things to load. In between clicking on posts, I got the whole thing sanded with 400 grit in about 30 minutes.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 06:11:08 pm »
It's not my pc as I have just had it rebooted, must be the time of day and how many users, there was 8 on line when I came on today at 10-5am NZ time and the speed is a lot better
Jimbo

Becky

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 12:31:10 am »
It's doing better tonight.  I've given up a few times this week and haven't been able to visit the brag forum and some others I like to read.  I feel like I've been able to catch up at least a little tonight.

SMF

Teknoromi