Author Topic: I finaally DID it!  (Read 2720 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: I finaally DID it!
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 03:40:14 am »
Pete...that is about a mile and a half due West of me!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

sp_343

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 10:18:08 am »
I like the River City Rascals Logo the best...nice job on all the projects!  Thanks for the link to your pics!

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 10:45:45 am »
Chris...
that is the 2nd one I did. The first one was part of a plaque given to the 'sponsor' of one of the ballplayers who has hosted a player for every one of the first 10 seasons of the ballclub.

The players are between 19 and 27 years old and many cannot afford to play unless 'sponsored' by a family for the season, providing a place to stay, meals, laundry, and in some cases even transportation. The players only get about $850 a month when on the roster.
These are young men who have desire and a dream and very few ever make it to the Majors but they always play their hearts out on the field.
We now have three 'graduates in the Majors the best of which is a relief pitcher for the Angels. That is 3 players in the 10 year history of the club out of over 350 roster members overall.

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

boxmaker

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 07:25:57 pm »
It's good to see some of your work GB. I really like the wine set wedding gift and the horse, and the kitten...

Mark

SMF

Teknoromi