Author Topic: 50 years of Andy Griffith  (Read 705 times)

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
50 years of Andy Griffith
« on: August 25, 2010, 04:37:11 pm »
TV Land a cable production, has been airing The 50 years of The Andy Griffith Show. I have been watching it all week while I have been working in my shop. Wow, does it bring back memories. My father and I watched it all the time. The memories flood my mind of the times I had with my father. My father died on my sixteenth birthday. When I watch these shows I really miss him and it is because of him, I have become the man I am today. Thanks Dad.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

ChaplainRon

Re: 50 years of Andy Griffith
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 04:51:51 pm »
Great memories Russ.

I live about 90 min from Mt Airy, NC. It is the town the show was made around. It is a great place to visit. I Tivo and watch the reruns.

http://www.visitmayberry.com/

Ron

northie66

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 08:22:13 pm »
I like the episode where aunt bee makes all those pickles. And the one were opie uses his slingshot and kills a mother bird.

I love that show. That and Little House.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 09:30:00 pm »
Janet I just saw both of those episodes this week. LOL  I have so enjoyed watching them while I was working.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Rightarm

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 12:27:55 pm »
    Were all fans of the show. A couple of years ago a State Arson Instructor came in to give a class. He starts out all of his classes with this question, ( When Opie was a young boy, what was his best friends name?). Then he says, nobody has ever answered this question. A buddy sitting next to me jumps up and yells, "Johnny Paul"! The look on the Instructors face was worth a million bucks. Then he states, (It's my fault. I've been warned about you guys from Terre Haute). Dave 8)

SMF

Teknoromi