Author Topic: Possible Injury  (Read 3268 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Injury
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 10:27:20 pm »
Well Janet...having had MORE than my share of cuts on my hands and more stitches than I care to count I knew that was going to happen but didn't want you to be alarmed before you went in.
Anytime they stick a needle in your hand it hurts like hell! All the nerves we need for 'feeling' are close to the surface and there is nothing they can do but hang on to your hand and jab away.

Glad it is not something that was or would become infected.

Keep your hand elevated as much as you can tonight and the pain will be gone by morning.

HUGZZZZZ

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 10:28:36 pm »
Pleased you are not growing into a tree Janet as you look great the way you are, I just hope she hasn't pushed the splinter deeper, they normally come out by them selveves if you put a plaster on them
Jimbo

Becky

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 11:15:53 pm »
I did the stitches thing a couple of years ago too.  Hurt like the very devil when they injected it.  Doc told me to get my pain pills on the way home and then take one with a beer and go to bed!  I like that guy.   ;D

What has me curious is where did the tic tac sized lump go?  How did it just disappear?  Or is it still there?

Graybeard is right.  Keep it elevated.  Mine hurt like heck the next day (in spite of the pain pills) but elevating it seemed to help some.  And my best tip of all is to not forget it's hurt when it starts feeling better.  I casually reached out to flip on a light switch with my finger a few days later and it was not a happy experience!

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 03:23:28 am »
My gosh this sounds like a real bad thing, pills beer, oops beer that sounds good the best pain killer around.
Janet I am really sorry you are in so much pain and it is naughty of me to make such a joke of it, I do know what it is like to have wooden splinters I worked in a timber mill when I was a lad of 15 so I have had a few, there was no simpathy I can tell you, that was what they used to call the good old days 1955
get well so I can give you some more cheek
Jimbo

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 12:09:30 pm »
beam her up SCOTTY and get a 2nd opinion from the mother ship.

ChaplainRon

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 12:57:45 pm »
Hope your hand heals soon.

Ron

Dawie

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 02:42:05 pm »
So all that for nothing. Hope the bump has gone to.
David

northie66

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 06:18:25 pm »
I knew it was going to hurt like heck going in.  I too have had my share of hand stitches... me and kitchen knives don't get along.  In fact, the same doctor just stitched up a finger last year.  After it was numb though, I didn't feel a thing... and haven't since.  My doc is amazed cuz I always watch.  I dig watching stuff like that.  Maybe I should have went to med school.   ;D

I really don't know what the tic tac looks like now cuz every time I take the darn bandage off it starts bleeding again cuz it sticks.  Hard to tell what it's going to look like yet.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 10:20:05 pm »
Hope it gets better soon.  Having a BOO-BOO is the pits.  I usually doctor myself.  But I'm like you I like to watch.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2010, 06:19:42 pm »
Hows the finger doing Janet.  ???  ???  ???
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

northie66

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 09:52:44 pm »
Worse.  It just won't heal and bleeds alot.  I get sick of wearing bandaids.

Today I went to a surgeon... it's a pyogenic granuloma.  Doc said it may have been from a splinter... or an injury.  I get it surgically removed on 10/4.

Here's info on the pyogenic granuloma if anyone is interested.  I'd post pictures but someone might have just eaten.   ;)

https://health.google.com/health/ref/Pyogenic+granuloma

Becky

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 10:17:22 pm »
It's not as gross as I expected after reading that warning.  Kind of like the  blood blister from hell, huh?

I hope the procedure goes well.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 10:37:56 pm »
"blood blister from hell" you got that right. "pyogenic granuloma" Never heard of it before. Hope it gets better and the procedure works.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 11:15:17 pm »
wish you a speedy recovery  :)

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 10:10:55 am »
Never heard of anything like that.  Hope it all goes well.  Keep us posted.
I'm from North Dakota

SMF

Teknoromi